“Good Hotel, GREAT Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #59 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Good Hotel, GREAT Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Came to Charlotte to visit family over Thanksgiving, but was over staying at relatives homes, so got a room at the Westin Uptown to make a fun trip out of it. The common spaces are absolutely gorgeous (if modern minimalist is your style). Awesome building (not yet 10 years old), within easy walking distance to most of uptown, and the Lynx rail system goes through the convention center attached to the hotel. Two drawbacks- $18 per day to SELF-PARK- Huge turnoff (I grew up in Charlotte, and while it has grown, NY it ain't, so this parking fee as a paying guest seemed outrageous). Second, while the bathroom was very nice, with a huge square-foot rain shower head, the tub was a cramped porcelain model that looked like it was taken out of an 80's home bathroom (but great toiletries). What made up for this was the service. The gent who checked us in (name escapes) was great and very friendly, but the person who stood out was the girl working the front desk the day we checked out (Thanksgiving Day), named Sheena. Although it was only her second or third week working, she was knowledgeable, very friendly, and did everything to make us feel welcome. I came down looking for a newspaper (as it would have all of the Black Friday circulars and info about the parade) and delivery was running late. I went back to my room, and in the meantime it was delivered, and she put a copy aside for me in her desk as she knew all the copies would be taken by the time I got down (which they were-another small drawback-even the Hampton Inn delivers papers to their guest's rooms). She was pleasantly effusive in wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving, while I personally would have been in a funk had I had to work that day. Her cheerfulness made up for these minor drawbacks, enough so that I will consider the Westin again (alongside some boutique hotels) while planning my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north/city side of building, the higher up the better, for a better view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review! We are delighted to know that our service exceeded your expectations. I’ll be sure to personally thank Sheena for proving you such excellent service. We hope you will be back to visit very soon. Be well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Gainesville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed in the Westin hotel for a conference this November. The hotel was in a great location and the service was one of the better ones I have experienced. The room was very clean and all of our requests were taken care of in a timely manner. I had an early flight out and did not get a chance to book a shuttle the night before, but the front desk was helpful on a very short notice and within minutes a car was pulled up. The conference hall area was also very clean and nicely decorated and it fitted the needs of our conference.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and that our team and amenities helped improve your visit. We hope that whether for business or pleasure, you’ll be back again soon! Be well!
Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I just enjoyed an overnight stay to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. The Westin Charlotte is the only place we will stay when visiting Uptown Charlotte. The service is top notch, from the front desk to the car service. We stayed on a preferred floor with a city view. The room was clean and the Heavenly Bed was, well Heavenly. I am already looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary! We are so delighted you and your husband chose to celebrate such a momentous occasion with us. Cheers to many more happy years together! See you both back again very soon. Be well!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a very nice hotel located in downtown Charlotte. Restaurants and bars are all within three blocks. My room was clean, fresh and the bed was so comfortable. The fitness room is incredible for a hotel - 6 treadmills 5 ellipitcals weights, etc... The only negative is that parking is a bit expensive, but but it is in the same facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your excellent review! We are delighted to know our convenient location and upgraded amenities made your stay more enjoyable! We hope to see you back again very soon!
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The hotel was very well deocorated as were the rooms. We ordered champagne for the room and it took 6 hours to be delivered! They did compliment, which they should have. The halls very very noisy. We were on a perferred customer floor, but it was still loud especially in the late evening. You can hear voices and doors slamming. For a hotel of this quality, that should not happen.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize your champagne came so late and that you experienced loud noises on your floor. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon so we can show you a more refreshing and relaxing time.
Marco Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Charlotte while attending a wedding in the Queen City. I requested a city view room on an upper floor and was accommodated. The checkin staff was very nice and helpful. Now I had stayed in the Marriott the last time in Charlotte and to my surprise, there was no comparison. The Westin is my new favorite. I even enrolled in Starwood Preferred Program. The only issue was that there were a few people in front of me and only two Starwood folks on the desk. It took about 15 minutes to check in.

The lobby was open and spotless. The restaurant on site was convenient and reasonably priced compared to usual hotel restaurants. The rom was large and very comfortable. The bed was very plush and my wife and I slept great for three nights.

Thanks Westin. I will now expect all Westin Hotels to be comparable.

Room Tip: Request a city view. I'm not sure if the highway ( John Belk freeway) would be noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted to be your new hotel of choice! We hope to see you and your wife again soon!
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This evening am staying at the Westin in Charlotte North Carolina. As I lay in my heavenly bed I am listening as young adults run up and down hallways yelling and screaming as well as banging on doors for no apparent reason. When I tried to get an elevator to my room it seemed that all the hotels elevators were full of the same young adults just sitting(YES SITTING) on the floors of the elevators. I ended up walking up 16 floors so that I did not have to wait and ride elevators with young adults trying to see how many people can fit on them and then letting the alarm sound. I realize that the Hotel is not responsible for its guests behavior, but it certainly can control them, where is security, or for that matter any adult supervision??

Room Tip: Make sure the Future Business Leaders of America Conference is not being hosted when you come here...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your post. I am sorry you had a less than pleasurable time during your recent stay. Our security team was active during the time of your visit and we apologize we did not catch those guests in the elevators sooner. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon so that we can show you a true Westin experience.

Been to Westin Charlotte? Share your experiences!