“Nice place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Suites of Charlotte

You added Sun Suites of Charlotte to your Saves list
Sun Suites of Charlotte
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8530 East Independence Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28227 (East Forest)   |
Ranked #136 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
“Nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 months after our lease ended in our apartment.I checked several extended stays in the area and this place is by far the cleanest.The staff is very friendly and I would recommend this place to anybody who needs temporary housing.The only bad thing is the neighbors around you are a little scary,but they do have 24 hour security.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
charlottesun, General Manager at Sun Suites of Charlotte, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted you receive the service you expected. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated as it provides us an opportunity to improve upon our customer service, hopefully allowing every guest to have the enjoyable stay we hope to provide them.

We are continuing to improve our hotel with more exciting things to come, see you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The office staff - Ashley, the manager and Javonda, the assistant - are friendly and helpful. Ashley resolves issues quickly and with professionalism. The hotel overall is clean, attractive and well maintained - a great value for this price point. The environment is generally quiet and the wifi is up to normal speed. Bring your own toilet paper - not supplied and towels are not changed out so you need to wash your own. Housekeeping is responsive although not detail oriented. Overall a good experience and price made better by the friendly, helpful office staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
charlottesun, General Manager at Sun Suites of Charlotte, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Ms. Charlene

Thank you fro taking the time to share your Sun Suites experience. I am delighted that you chose us for your hotel needs and that you are enjoying your time here. As always, we value your business and hope that you will choose us again in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I recently had a horrible experience at this hotel. On a prior visit, it was an ok experience. So beware that your stay can be dictated by which room you get, and who is working that night. I also responded to the corporate office with the following email:

"My most recent stay at the Sun Suites in Charlotte, NC was terrible!! You have the rudest and most disrespectful person working for your company in a front desk position. TYECHAI was working the desk August 31, 2013 and hung up on my husband 3x's while trying to make a reservation. We have previously had a great experience at this location, and were shocked by the bad initial service, but still decided to come to the hotel. Upon arrival, we immediately had issues with our room. We stayed at the Sun Suites 3 weeks prior and our room was in good working order. When we turned on the TV, the remote did not respond, and my husband had to get batteries replaced at the front desk. TYECHAI was not enthusiastic about assisting with the battery change. After purchasing groceries and coming back to our room, we did not find any hand towels, plates, cups, silverware, or any of the other amenities we were used to on our previous visits. My husband had to make another trip to the front desk, where TYECHAI told him that Sun Suites does not provide any plates, spoons, bowls, or any other amenities. When my husband advised her that we had them in our last room, she told him to leave and she had other guest. Your website says: “Ask our staff for kitchen conveniences like pots, pans, dishes and utensils at no additional charge (check with staff about availability)”. My husband simply followed your websites direction and asked for kitchen conveniences, but was treated like he was bothering your employee. When my husband returned from the front desk, I called down to the front desk to gather information from your employee for this email. When I asked TYECHAI for her name and job title, she became defensive and advised me that her title was "YOU FIGURE IT OUT" and hung up on me. I am not sure if your company stopped providing all amenities in the last 3 weeks, but the message was so poorly delivered, I would never stay in a Sun Suites location again. The company may want to consider removing the "Extended Stay" portion from their title, as this company does not provide and "extended stay" experience. I look forward to hearing from someone with this company ASAP regarding my concerns. Thank you."

I hope that the corporate office is more responsive and serious about their business, than their employees.

Room Tip: The backside has lots of families, and is good if you have kids. Your room is a "luck of the dr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've been staying at Sunsuites off and on for over 3 years and have NEVER had any problems. I work at a local hospital prn (when needed) and it has been a perfect place for me to stay. The entire staff, especially Keesha and Jackie, are always super sweet and have gone above and beyond to accommodate my needs. Rooms are always clean. I work nights and sleep during the day and its always quiet. Since Jackie came as general manager, its had numerous upgrades making the hotel go from excellent to supurb. I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013
Queen Creek, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Although a bit higher priced than value place or in town suites, it is slightly better. the room didnt smell as bad but still had some funk to it. (The other 2 choke you with smoke and heavy cleaners) Its an older hotel and it shows wherever you look. Faded torn carpet and drapes, doors that dont even come close to sealing. Staff was nice (at first).its nice that it has a kichenette, but only has ( literally) 2 sq. Ft. Of counter space (i could use more....) by far the worst part of my stay was being woke up by housekeeping when i had the do not disturb sign on the door, i told them to come back in an hour and they refused. when i returned to my room that night, i found they did not clean it, so i called the office and they said they cant clean it because they only clean that room specifically on monday and im not allowed to refuse hosekeeping. I was ok with this hotel for the price, until that happened, but, you get what you pay for, i will not be staying here anymore.

Room Tip: Say at a different hotel. If you must stay here, rooms on the southside are supposedly nonsmoking, a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This place is not bad at all. I enjoyed the management especially Ashley she is such a wonderful person and a great help when it comes to needing anything to help my stay be as comfortable as possible. The rooms size is great and the showers were amazing I love the fact that the water temp. remains so hot for how ever long u want to be in the shower. The atmosphere was great I love the view from the top floor. Also the location is amazing it is surrounded by a lot of fast food restraints, movie theater, gas stations and Wal-Mart is right down the street. Anytime I come to Charlotte NC I know where I am staying! P.S those who complain had to be lying and I know for a fact!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Cheap price only worth it if you can overlook the smell of stale cigarettes in what they said was a NS room: plus the noise from the refrigerator, heater, neighbors and their TVs, and in my case, a dripping bathroom faucet disurbed my sleep...and the customer service at check-in was unfriendly and unprofessional. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Sun Suites of Charlotte? Share your experiences!