“uncc visit needed hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #99 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stay at this hotel twice a year for business and every stay has been exceptional. I haven't had one bad experience in over 3 years. The front desk is always very friendly and helpful. Carlo, the manager, is always greeting me and helping me if I need anything. I know they are doing renovations which will really make everything even better. I would recommend this hotel if your looking for location, value and a welcoming staff.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Carlo Y, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites University Place, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for a great feedback. We are looking forward to serving you again. Thank you.
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We checked into this hotel a half an hour ago and would not even put our luggage down. If I hadn't been so appalled I would have taken a photo. Filthy! The sofa was in shreds and totally disgusting. I've seen better on the side of the road. The carpet had not been vacuumed in a long time. We immediately went back down to the front desk and checked out! Another couple, that checked in after us came down to check out as well. This place should be closed down!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
I am sorry about the experience that you had at the property. We had addressed the issues and hope that you can come back and see us in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I literally just checked out of this awful hotel and I'm so relieved to be back on the road. As somebody just a few days ago stated in their review, the sofa bed had no sheets. We had wait an extended period of time because the housekeeper didn't understand what we wanted. Then, they gave us sheets for a queen size bed. I'm going to assume that they do not even stock sheets for their pull outs. In addition, the room was dirty and had bugs (I have pictures). 2 of the electrical outlets had no faceplates on them and 1 of the outlets was literally hanging out of the wall (pictures of that as well). My wife's light on her side of the bed flickered on and off throughout the night until she finally unplugged it. This was really the worst hotel experience I've ever had.

On a side note, I've stayed at Country Inn & Suites in other locations and have been very satisfied. I'm going to hope that this is just a fluke among the chain and perhaps a change of management is in order.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Carlo Y, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites University Place, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Sorry about the experience that you have at the property. We are currently working on our renovation to improve the property. Please give us a chance again when the renovation is complete at the end of June. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at the hotel, I would love to take care of you and your family. Thank you for your understanding.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I come to Charlotte about 3 times a year and always stay at this Country Inn & Suites. The staff has always been great and very helpful anytime I needed something. The location is very good and close to lots of shopping and restaurants. It looks like they are doing renovations so this will make a good hotel even better. I'll be back in a few months!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Carlo Y, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites University Place, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for a great feedback. Please continue to come back and stay with us.

Been to Country Inn & Suites University Place? Share your experiences!