“Emeril's New Orleans Influence on the Menu” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
e2 emeril's eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #208 of 1,968 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tryon Street
Description: e2 emeril's eatery draws from Chef Emeril's restaurants in its purest forms - comfort, warm service and delicious food. e2 emeril's eatery features an eclectic menu focusing on New Orleans-inspired American cuisine using Charlotte's rich local and regional products. Located at 135 Levine Avenue of the Arts, Ste. 100, e2 emeril's eatery is within easy walking distance of Uptown Charlotte's numerous art, business and cultural attractions including The Duke Energy Center, Mint Museum Uptown, Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, Harvey B. Gantt Center for African American Arts + Culture and Knight Theater.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Emeril's New Orleans Influence on the Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Gumbo was worth going for alone. Service impecable.
Pork chop -- a signature dish -- came over cooked. So glad we sent it back because when cooked properly it really was outstanding.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Plymouth, MA
“Never Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went there with 3 other friends while in Charlotte. We thought Emeril L.ooooo. Not ooooo, more like yuck. 2 of us had to send bakc our dinner, Shrimp in grits, because it was cold, when it came back the couple shrimp that were on it were rubbbery, way over cooked. While we were waiting the waiter brought us over gumbo, on the house, yuk they can keep it. Not a good experience, I guess the quality of food changes when you lend your name to restaurants and you're not there to make sure everything is satisfactory. Too bad i was really looking forward to a great meal.

Visited January 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“E2-We can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Up front, let me say that in Charlotte it was Restaurant Week, an annual event. Since E2 is across the street from the Knight Theater, it was very convenient for us. I'd eaten at Emeril's in Las Vegas, but I'd heard nothing about E2 in Charlotte. It being Restaurant Week, and not having reservations, we were seated at the kitchen bar, seats facing the open kitchen--more about this later.

We were presented with the complete restaurant menu, the Restaurant Week menu and a wine list. If we chose three courses from the Restaurant Week menu, total cost $30 per person + tax. A bargain. So, despite the myriad choices on the "regular" menu, we stuck to the Restaurant Week Menu. There we were offered appetizer's, main course, and desert. Gumbo, spinach salad, or oysters for the appetizer; shrimp with grits, pork chops or chicken thighs for the main course; espresso pudding or apple filled crepes for desert.

I chose the gumbo, the shrimp and the crepes. The gumbo was rich with flavor, bits of meat and and flecks of white rice. It was complex, but perfect as a starter. I enjoy a snap of spices, and this was not overdone, it was a warm comfort food and I wished I had more.

I know what you are thinking, Shrimp with Grits! No, not those kind of grits. When presented, it came to the table brimming with a delicious white flavorful paste (the grits), corn, (what we thinks were tender mushrooms), and a generous serving of shrimp. It was beyond delicious! Think about times when you've tasted a new dish and your tongue experiences the joy of something new and something so out of the ordinary, if it were a cheerleader it would jump and hoot with joy. The Shrimp and Grits was it. I was so very sorry to see it end.

Desert then came with two crepes stuffed with apple, a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a caramel sauce to top it off. Perfectly done, the crepes weren't heavy, the apple was deliciously flavored so when the whole thing mixed on the plate, it was a terrific end to a terrific meal. Thirty bucks! Oh my!

The entertainment: Watching the kitchen staff prepare all that pork, chicken, and shrimp within view was a marvelous distraction. They work hard---no doubt about it. The taste of that work is demonstrable.

I cannot wait to go back to E2 and enjoy the other choices on their expansive menu. I can't wait for my tongue to tell me how happy it is.

If you are in Charlotte, you need to go to E2 tonight.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Fabulous addition to uptown dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband works in uptown Charlotte and had heard great reviews of this restaurant from several co-workers. I'm so glad we gave it a try! Our meals (Fresh Penne with Braised Beef Ragu and and a seafood special) were delicious and the service was excellent and not intrusive. Every dessert that went by our table looked amazing but once we told of the chocolate cake our minds were made up. Oh my! You will definitely want to share this! We couldn't even finish it. Next time I may just get an appetizer and dessert so I'll have plenty of room!

Visited January 2013
“fun for appetizers and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Rather than a big dinner on New Year's Eve, my husband and I planned our own drink and appetizer crawl in uptown Charlotte. No reservations required, just a spot for two at the bar! We had never been to e2, but wanted to try it out and this was the perfect chance. We loved the atmosphere, our bartender was attentive even though it was New Years Eve. The BBQ Shrimp appetizer was delicious and our martinis perfect. Regrettably, we had to move on to our next restaurant for our next appetizer.

• Visited December 2012