“First rate stadium experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 58 Attractions in Charlotte
Type: Arenas/ Stadiums/ Fields, Theaters & Stadiums
Richmond, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
“First rate stadium experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went to Charlotte for the ACC Championship game and this is one of the nicest stadiums I've been to. Lots of parking close by (we paid $20 to park in a private lot about 1 1/2 blocks away). Super friendly stadium staff from the bag checkers to the ticket takers to customer service folks inside who cheerfully point you in the direction of your seat. Really tasty and reasonably priced Carolina-style barbeque (no beer was being served in the non-club areas the night we were there), donuts, and the usual stadium stuff at numerous concession stands. Lots of restrooms which were kept clean and well stocked the entire game. Seats, even in the upper decks were pretty comfortable and had cup holders. If we lived closer, we might become Panthers fans!

Deltona, Florida
“Decent stadium”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My family was here for the ACC championship game. Stadium is nice but the stadium doesn't have any screens to see other game's scores. The steps are not small which is nice for those with big feet. The seats are not made for really overweight folks. A fella in front of me was overweight and could not sit back in the seat. I felt back for him.

Knoxville, TN
“Panthers/Buccaneers Game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Great selection of food and beers. Easy in and out compared to a lot of NFL stadiums. Great home team atmosphere. Lots of bike taxi guys to get u back to your car or packing garage. Had trouble finding will call ticket center but staff was helpful in getting us there and ticket agent was extremely nice and helpful as well.

Boston
30 attraction reviews
“Patriots/Panthers Game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Came down from Boston for the epic Patriots Panthers Monday night battle. It was a playoff type atmosphere with a lot of energy. The Panthers fans were nice and respectful and There were a lot of Patriots fans there so I did not feel out of place. We had great seats in lower bowl. I honestly liked this stadium better than Gillette Stadium. It was well laid out the concourses were wide and ingress and egress were easy. Tailgating before the game occurred at several cool downtown bars with special parking lot set ups for the pre game parties.

Visited November 2013
Madison, Alabama
76 attraction reviews
“Nice stadium, nice fans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went to the Panthers/Bucs game over Thanksgiving weekend. I found it to be a nice stadium with wide concourses on the first level, which I like because it makes it easier to maneuver when things get crowded. Parking is plentiful but not much close, so plan to walk a bit after you park. We got club level, which we like but it seemed low in comparison to other stadiums we've been to. It almost felt like you were just in a very high row in the lower level, so the views I would have liked better had we been higher. I would recommend club level, but get the highest row you can for better field views. Also, if you are on the visitors side during a day game, the sun will be in your face the whole game. If it's cold, that is a good thing, as it warmed us up on a chilly day. Buy you'll need a hat or visor to block the sun, and pictures are difficult to take on that side. The concourse on the club level is odd as it has multiple 'pods' of activity, such as food choices, live music, and bars, but then you have to walk down a long hallway to get to the next 'pod'. Each 'pod' has different food choices, but I found them lacking in comparison to other stadiums club level food options. Prices are high, but that is normal. I will also say restrooms are plentiful and large, which is a good thing. (Compared to Fed Ex Field where there are pretty much none.) The Panthers fans in our area and throughout our visit were quite friendly and fun. We were rooting for the Bucs and several in our party were wearing Bucs gear, but we were never treated harshly outside of the normal ribbing we expected, and we enjoyed it. I guess the only thing that surprised me about the Panthers fans were how loud they got when their team had the ball. (Tip: You are supposed to be quiet when your team has the ball!) Overall it was a fun experience and a fun environment.