“Party in the parking lot” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #96 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Los Angeles, California
“Party in the parking lot”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Yes, the hotel is close to the highway and you can hear cars and road noise, BUT that was the least of our problems with this place. We were jolted awake around 0130 by the sound and vibration from the bass of music being played outside the hotel. We waited 15 minutes or so, hoping it was a car in the parking lot and would soon be leaving, before calling the manager to complain about the noise. We asked him to call the police. Thirty minutes of pounding bass later we called the manager again and asked him if/when he had called the police. He replied with I called five minutes ago. The police rolled up, the music stopped, one of the party buses and a bunch of cars left. Thirty minutes later the music was blasting again and the parking lot was full of party animals again. Repeated the process above. Police came again. Finally around 0345 it was just road noise. In the morning other sleepless guests were discussing this musical event in the elevators and lobby. Why the night manager didn't take any action when it first began is a mystery to me. Was he on the take from the party goers? Was he afraid of them? What about all of the jet lagged hotel customers? The front desk staff did not say anything nor apologize to us as we ran out the door to take the shuttle, just making our flight out of town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Nancy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

I apologize that you experienced noise issues during your stay with us. We have security that routinely does walks around our building and these issues were brought to their attention. Unfortunately, the noise issues were coming from outside our parking lot so this is when they did contact our local authorities to report a noise complaint. We will be working closely with them in the future to prevent these issues from reoccurring.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Hotel staff was friendly and room clean. Location was near the airport but the only non-tired person on the shuttle to the airport was the driver. He obliviously didn't sleep in the hotel, everyone else had the same problem. The hotel location is next to an all night "strip club" was ridiculous. Screaming people, horns honking, cars racing. It went on all night. Hard enough to sleep when you travel but this experience was pure craziness. Just couldn't recommend sleeping there if you really wanted to sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nancy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014

I apologize that you experienced noise issues during your stay with us. There is a "gentleman's club" behind us but there should be no reason for this excessive noise. Please be assured that we did contact our local authorities about the issues we experienced during your stay.

Glen Cove, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my first stay at this property, although I do prefer the SpringHill brand. Being close to an airport, one would expect noise, so that wasn't an issue, they have a bowl of earplugs at the lobby desk, but I'm a sound sleeper so I was able to sleep. The hotel looked updated, although my room wasn't as clean or well maintained as I'm accustomed to with SpringHill or marriott. Nothing so bad that I needed to change rooms, but carpet had stains, night stand had a spill dried on it, just some little things. Staff was friendly, and bed was clean & comfortable. Hotel is close to airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

We are conveniently located right off of I-85 and about 1.5 from the airport. Unfortunately, being so close can cause some noise issues at times. Thank you for mentioning that we do offer the earplugs for any guests who are sensitive sleepers.

You also mentioned finding cleanliness issues that you found in your room. I apologize for these room issues and ensure that we take all issue, even minor ones seriously. I will be speaking with our Housekeeping Manager to address the issues that you mentioned in your room.

Boxford, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Bottom line - NEVER STAY HERE!!!

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times in the past - as a frequent business traveler, location near the airport trumps a lot of mediocres qualities you tolerate for a night. A recent booking issue caused some problems with a reservation as my wife was passing through Charlotte on the way to meet me in Dallas. Just for convenience, I recommended she stay here.

Rather than deal with the issue, the woman who answered the phone chose to just hang up on me rather than try to resolve the problem. I hope that isn't the way she was trained.

Not only am I never staying here again, but I am making sure the Marriott chain knows how poorly this place reflects on their brand. My advise - revoke their franchise and turn it into a Ho-Jo so the level of service is on par with the brand name - Pretty Pathetic!

Taking my loyalty points - buying a juicer and never dealing with Marriott again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nancy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport.

You indicated in your response that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Thank you!
Lake Charles, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This facility is very well maintained. The staff is very friendly. The road noise is exceptionally loud. I was woke up from a dead sleep numerous times due to the extreme road noise. I will not be returning under any circumstances. Should have slept anywhere else.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nancy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We use these comments to improve our property and services.

I'm sorry that you were not able to rest comfortably during your stay. We are located conveniently off of I-85 and within 1.5 of the Charlotte Airport. This makes us a ideal location for guests who are traveling but both can cause some additional noise issues. We do provide earplugs at our Front Desk for any guests who might be light sleepers or sensitive to noise.

Thank you for mentioning our friendly staff and well maintained building as well. I believe that our staff is what sets us apart from other hotels in the area. They are always willing to go above and beyond for our guests!

Thank you again for taking the time to give your feedback on your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Charlotte!
virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

As a long time Marriott customer, I was very disappointed in this hotel. Located near the Airport for early flight seemed convenient. Room adequate but deficits included, cold indoor pool,poor room insulation from hallway and street noise, room clock not working gave wrong time and could not be changed,light by bed out, no restaurant, but most important my early morning wake up call never came, clerk apologized and said the system for that room was not. working.Fortunately,I had brought my own alarm for backup. The am bus driver refused to leave for Airport even 2 minutes earlier despite the scheduled passengers waiting.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nancy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

I was actually the clerk who checked you out, so I remember you and the issues you experienced. There was a glitch in our wake up system the morning you checked out but I am happy to say that this was corrected. In addition, we were able to address the room issues you mentioned at check out as well. When you checked out we did discuss your Marriott status, and compensation for your issues. You should be able to see this on your account now.

When we sign guests up for our shuttle we let them know that it leaves promptly every 30 minutes in the morning. Since we are an airport property, many guests have last minute flight changes. For this reason, we do wait until the exact hour and half hour before we depart the hotel in case we have some last minute riders.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Thank you!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I always like staying at Springhill Suites and this place is no exception. I like the 24 hour coffee and tea availability. The breakfast is always the best with lots of good fresh fruit, Greek yogurt and oatmeal with lots of toppings including chocolate chips. The night clerk who checked me in must have had a bad day. She wasn't very pleasant, didn't recognize my elite status and took forever getting me processed. The shuttle driver always tries to please and should be commended for it. But the best part is that Carrabba's delivers to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014

Been to SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport? Share your experiences!