“Love this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
A Piece of Havana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #412 of 2,008 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Moss
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

First time I ever had Cuban food was here. Our waiter was very patient answering our questions about what was on the menu and explaining in detail. Restaurant has an "at home" welcoming feel to it. I think I gained 5 lbs just from dessert alone. Great place to go when you want something different. I will be back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best Authentic Cuban Food in Charlotte”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant! The food is great and really authentic. I love the sweet plantains, empanadas, and Havana Chicken! The prices are reasonable and the portions generous. The one negative experience I've had was getting seating during a private party and fight night event. We waited 30 minutes and never got seated. Other than that, it's always been great! I love taking people here, and they always end up loving it!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Very Good Cuban Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a restaurant that I had driven by a number of times and thought I would get a couple of take-away meals to try it out. I sat at the bar and had a Tropical guava Mojito, which was a very good suggestion by the bartender. He also recommended a Cuban Skirt Steak and the Mahi Grilled Fish. Both meals were very tasty. Another nice surprise was a duo playing Cuban Music which I enjoyed while waiting for my food. The service was good and the décor was very plush. It was a nice experience and we will look forward to enjoying another meal here in the future.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A nice alternative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've been to A Piece of Havana several times in the past year. It's always a decent meal with good service at a fair price. We enjoy the empanadas and the Cuban sandwiches. I wouldn't say we're blown away by any particular aspect of the experience, but it's a good place to try if you're looking for something different. They have live music on weekends and we were there recently to experience that. Honestly, I was hoping for authentic Cuban music, but I was disappointed when the musician led off with an instrumental version of the painful 70s song "Let's Get Physical." It really seemed like a non-sequitur. Maybe it got more authentic as the evening wore on, but the first couple of songs weren't quite the Cuban fare I was expecting. All in all, though, it's worth a shot if you're looking for something different.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fredericksburg, VA
“GREAT FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

You can't go wrong here. On our short stay, we ate here twice because it is so good. The stewed beef and the pork dishes were WONDERFUL. The menu is very authentic and everything we tried was flavorful and tender. We are planning to move to the area and this will be one of our favorite restaurants. BTW, the pricve range is really about $8 to $30. Enjoy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere