“BBQ ???” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Atlanta,Georgia,USA
“BBQ ???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

They seem to advertise their great BBQ, but I did not agree. Maybe it is the North Carolina sauce that is full of mustard that did not taste right. The ribs were dry. The waitress was preoccupied with a table load of heavy tippers, guys in polo shirts

Visited August 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great beer, ok service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We've enjoyed OMB Copper and some of their other seasonal brews, and were really impressed by the representative they sent to the MicroBrews Cruise at the Whitewater Center earlier this summer. We definitely wanted to go on the tour, as well as visit the tap room.

We got there about 10 minutes early, so of course decided to go ahead and have some beer. The bar service was pretty slow; there seemed to be plenty of employees, but most of them apparently had other assignments than waiting on customers. I'd like to have seen a little more hustle behind the bar on a busy Saturday afternoon. We were also disappointed that there were no seasonals, only two beers on tap! I guess we were between seasons; the next release was scheduled for a week after our visit.

The tour started a little late, but how much does that matter when you've got a beer in your hand? (Yes, you can take your glass with you on the tour.) The spiel was pretty informative, both about the process of brewing and how OMB is different from other breweries. While you do get to go into the brewing & fermentation room, you are pretty much kept to a stroll along the near wall. No wandering in among the forest of fermentation tanks. They did have a small run of bottling, so we saw how that part of it worked. I assume during a weekday there'd be more action on the brewing floor. The guide really knew his stuff, and shared his enthusiasm for the brewery and its products.

After the tour, we stayed for another beer and a bite to eat. The food was ok, but should be better. The brats were very good, and I enjoyed the baked beans, but the German-style potato salad had absolutely no salt in it. The soft pretzel was room temperature, but ok. Later I saw an employee pull some pretzels out of a plastic bag and hang them in a warmer/display unit. (Even later, I saw her pull one out with her bare hand, place it on wax paper, and carry it outside. I saw her touching door handles & handle money before and after, so I think some re-training on sanitation is in order before cold & flu season.)

We saw at least half a dozen people coming in with multiple growlers to refill, so it seems OMB has a pretty loyal following. The beer deserves it, and I hope eventually so will the service.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great local brewery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Went to OMB for the first time for a social event. Thoroughly enjoyed the tour of the brewery and hearing how the beer was made according to German beer purity law. Casual atmosphere with outdoor seating. One couple was sitting outside with their puppy. We plan to return soon with our four-legged kids for a couple of brews. Also want to mention that the brats were very tasty.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Annual crawfish festival”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Coming up April 21 2012. Went last yr. What a complete joke. They had young guys cooking who did not know how to cook. Food over priced. Save your money. If you know crawfish save your money and go to Columbia May 5. Crawfish from and cooked by cajuns.out

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
South Carolina
“The beer is great, but the service is icy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I love the beer at O.M.B. - the copper and Captain Jack are my favorites! It is so awesome to have a local brewery that sells & refills growlers! I just wish the girls that work there would smile when I arrive to buy beer; they always frown & give off a vibe that makes me feel rather unwanted. Perhaps one is required to stay & have a few in the beer hall in order to receive warm, friendly service at O.M.B. At least the beer is friendly to me!

• Visited January 2012