“Stumbled into a great spot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Valhalla Pub and Eatery

Valhalla Pub and Eatery
317 South Church Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Third Ward)
(704)332-3273
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #380 of 1,975 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Norwegian
Neighborhood: Third Ward
Neighborhood: Third Ward
Orlando, FL
“Stumbled into a great spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Was walking around uptown to get a feel for our new city, and came across this place.
Little hole in the wall pub and eatery. Great service, and great food.
Had the fish and chips and also the Norwegian Meatballs.....both were great! Especially the meatballs. My only suggestion would be on the waffle fries that came as the fish and chips....a little boring and plain....maybe some seasoning!?

I would go back without a doubt.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great for baseball! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Ate here with my family tonight before the Charlotte Knights game. Located one block from main gate to BB$T Ballpark. They have a good beer and wine selection. My son and I split a buffalo wings which were very good. He had the grilled chicken entree and liked it. I asked the server what their best dish is. He recommended the turkey meatballs. They were very good - with gravy, steamed broccoli and a side salad. My wife and daughter each had the fried chicken sandwich-"fabulous." We will be back.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

A bit hungry on a saturday morning I stumbled upon this place and it was great!!
Sat at the bar ordered their special bloody Mary and it was awsome ....omelet was great and service equally great. ...need to go back for some pints and bar food!

Melbourne, Florida
“Good Food, Good Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stopped in Valhalla after an afternoon visit to the Museum just around the corner. I sat at the small bar and got really good service. The special was a shrimp linguine dish which was excellent.
Good atmosphere. The location across from the new baseball field is wonderful.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great location, poor service and inferior food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Location is their key to success because Valhalla doesn't have quality food in my opinion. None of our parties dishes were good, and the burgers are small and with large rolls, resulting in a bread sandwich. The waffle fries were cold and obviously from frozen potatoes.

Of course washing this down was near impossible since our waitress ignored us and we had no water.

Charlotte is a big city, and I would go to one of the many other choices.

Visited December 2013