“Items disappeared” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85/I-485

You added Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85/I-485 to your Saves list
Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85/I-485
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4238 Business Center Drive, I-85 Exit 32 - Little Rock Road, Charlotte, NC 28214   |
Ranked #60 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Items disappeared”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here Tuesday 10/22/13. I checked out Wednesday morning. I somehow forgot to take with me a small pile that consisted of a pillow and a Kindle. I realized this within a couple of hours and called the hotel to tell them I would pick the items up upon my return trip through Charlotte on Thursday evening. Hotel reports no such items found in any room.

I am 100% sure they were in the room and are now not in my possession. Housekeeping did not turn them in and management seemed loathe to insult its staff by asking uncomfortable questions.

While I made an error in leaving the items, they did not immediately become abandoned property destined for Ebay.

Even though this is convenient to where my daughter goes to college, I will never stay in this hotel again, ever.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
THESALESOFFICE, Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85/I-485, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
There is nothing more frustrating then losing personal items and equally nothing more insulting then being accused of taking something when you didn't. And this made for an uncomfortable situation for all parties. We have had the pleasure of working with the same housekeeping team for many years, and we value their honesty and loyalty to the hotel and its guests as much as we value your pleasure at our hotel. Being an Airport hotel, travelers often leave valuable items behind in a rush to catch their flights and we have an amazing record of returning these items. Our hotel will continue to look for these items and you will be the first person we contact in regards to this. We also request that you continue to retrace your tracks in the hopes of a safe return of your valuables. We will certainly miss your business and will continue to uncover a way to re-establish your trust.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Location does not feel safe. No decent dining close by. Problems with water pressure in toilet, room smelled like cat and the bed linens smelled like Grandma's BenGay. Staff nice shuttle to airport is convenient. In room safe, microwave and fridge is convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85/I-485, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review...Our property prides itself in its safety as does the many hotels on our exit. We have not received reports to our water pressure but we will make a point to inquire with our guests. Although we love pets we are not a pet hotel and in regards to the products we wash our linens with, it has always been described by our guests as clean and fresh. Thank you for the nice comments about the staff, amenities and our shuttle to airport.

Been to Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85/I-485? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85/I-485

Address: 4238 Business Center Drive, I-85 Exit 32 - Little Rock Road, Charlotte, NC 28214
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Airport Transportation
#27 Romantic Hotel in Charlotte
#47 Family Hotel in Charlotte
#57 Business Hotel in Charlotte
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85/I-485 2.5*
Welcome to Charlotte North Carolina host to the 2012 Democratic National Convention, we can genuinely claim to have arrived as a nationally recognized city. Unlike anywhere else in the region we are located at the junction of I-85 near the SC border. We are also known as 3rd largest banking center and home to Bank of America and Wells Fargo. We are the largest city in the state and like to project the image of southern hospitality with a bit of a fast-lane cultural metropolis. Served by direct flights from around the world it does make one of the best and most manageable arrival points in our region. Our newly renovated Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport is located 1.2 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport and only 6 miles from the center city of Uptown Charlotte. We are within a convenient drive to most of our city's array of endless restaurants, shopping choices, entertainment and business facilities. Nearby attractions include the country's only US National Whitewater Center, Billy Grahams Library, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Time Warner Arena, Charlotte Convention Center and home to the Carolina Panthers. We are accessible to all major roads and highways, and close to many area business parks, flight training centers and the cities growing public transportation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85/I-485 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport Hotel Charlotte
Wingate Charlotte Airport
Wyndham Charlotte
Charlotte Wyndham

If you own or manage Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85/I-485, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.