“Absolutely delicious!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Absolutely delicious!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

When the authentic italian restaurant owner recommends a restaurant, you gotta try it and I'm so glad we did!!! This was probably the best meal we had all week!! Everything was homemade, tasty, hot, and absolutely delicious!!!

Visited August 2012

91% Recommend
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Awesome Soul Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Enjoyed the Soul Food while in town. Being in Florida now, I just can't get the same type of North Carolina Soul Food that I grew up with. Nana's filled the void for me. Food was AWESOME, Staff was excellent and restaurant was very clean.

Great value & great food. Loved, loved, loved the collard greens & black eyed peas. Reminded me of Mom's & Grandma's cooking. Can't wait to go there again when I am back in Charlotte again.

Visited August 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“OMGosh!!! A MUST stop if you like soul food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The food here was AWESOME. Nice decor in the restaurant, clean, and best of all it is served cafeteria-style so you can see what the food looks like before you order. Everything we tried was FANTASTIC. Would go here again in a heartbeat!!

Visited July 2012
Western NC
“25% Great, 50% Good, and the other 25???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had just landed at CLT, were hungry for a home cooked meal, and knew this place was close. Unsure what to expect...we gave it a try, and were overall pleased and will return. It is the kind of food on which everyone has an opinion, everyone has a favorite, and you will just have to go to find out which selections meet your taste bud expectations!

Directly across from Belk HQ on Tyvola Road, the shopping center is sort of a little mini food court on a hill. (Several other restaurants on either side of Nana's.) Once in the door, think small cafeteria - food line to the left, beverages on the back wall, tables to the right. Shared (with other restaurants) patio seating that overlooks Tyvola Road.

We were there at lunch, it was busy, but most people carried out - so plenty of seating. We both ordered fried chicken, which we LOVED! Great stuff. I ordered Mac and cheese (did not like) yams, which I very much did. Hubby got green beans, did not like them, but loved his mashed potato's. Roll was of the generic white store purchased variety, while cornbread was homemade. Cornbread was good, roll was decent - if you like generic white bread, of course! Banana pudding was average, but yellow cake with chocolate frosting was very good.

Which brings me back to the beginning of this review - read others, and they loved the Mac and cheese and hated the cornbread! Thought the chicken was greasy and the banana pudding extraordinary. As there can't be that much difference in the food...it is in the expectation of taste. This is food your Mom made- or your Grandmother. If it is close in taste, chances are you will love the place...otherwise, probably less so.

We will definitely return - get the chicken, try the pork chops, and find 2 veggies to replace the mac&cheese as well as the green beans. A few trips, and we will have a perfect meal. And with lunch, dessert, and beverage coming in under $25, we can afford the trial and error!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wouldn't go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Food was ok, I had heard mixed reviews so I decided to give it a try for lunch. Ended up spending $13 and only ate half the food. Baked chicken was ok, mac and cheese and corn bread which is what you go to a soulfood place for was gross! I will never go back, if you know true soulfood I would say pass this place by sorry two thrumbs down.

• Visited August 2012