“Amazing waffles!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Johnston rd.
Painted Post, New York
“Amazing waffles!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Terrace cafe is located in a beautiful area of shops where that are very well maintained the atmosphere of the area is truly great. You can eat outside with a great view or inside.
This was my first time here and wow the specialty items make this place worth going. I had the banana pecan french toast which was amazing. The fresh ingredients and flavor made this worth the fat grams I ate! My girlfriend had the Carrot cake waffles which also were amazing I was so stuffed after eating here. It is very rich food my suggestion to all is if you want specialty items go here like the waffles and french toast. If you just want eggs ham ect go elsewhere only because it is a little pricey compared to most places.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Mediocre food and staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Based on reviews, we thought we'd give this restaurant a try for dinner. We were not impressed.
The food was edible but clearly not a place we would return to dine.
The "drink special" for Friday was supposed to be all wines selling for $9 and under were $5 and these select wines by the bottle were half price. Our waiter didn't seem to know anything about this (the card was right in the center of the table) and after speaking to his manager said there were only 2 wines available for the half price special even though several were listed on the menu. One of the two available, Immortal Zin (approximately a $10-12 wine) wasn't even on the menu but was half price according to our waiter and we could purchase it for $20!!!
We didn't argue but I decided right then I wouldn't be back because it was clearly deceptive.
We would not have dined here had we not had family with us.
Would not recommend this restaurant for dinner.

Racine, Wisconsin
“Best fritters I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stopped here on the recommendation of the bellman at our hotel. It was so good that later in our stay we had to go back again. The blueberry fritters were so good we are still talking about them. The breakfast items were tasty, served hot and not overpriced. I would go to this place again if I ever visit the area again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had burgers - good. Probably a great place when the weather is nice and you can eat outside. Didn't really have enough variety of food to rate it. Pleasant waiter.

Visited March 2014
StewartPenick, Owner at Terrace Cafe of Ballantyne, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. Now that the Spring weather has arrived we will be opening our patio for some as fresco dining. We hope that you can join us again.

North Carolina
“Where have I been??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

How have I missed this place for Sunday brunch? The menu is unique...Red Velvet Cake waffles, Lemon Poppyseed French Toast....I had the eggs benedict with sausage that is made on the premises. Biscuits also made on premises along their jam. Great place to take guests for a special meal without spending a lot of money. Can't believe it's been there for 2 years and I've never been...we'll go back!

• Visited February 2014