“Run down and dirty” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Charlotte - WT Harris

Save Saved
You added Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Charlotte - WT Harris to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Charlotte - WT Harris
Ranked #91 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Oak Island, NC
“Run down and dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My room had a cracked window, missing light bulbs, missing and pealing tile, and frayed bubble gum spotted carpet. The condition of the bed was poor with sheets that do not fit the bed. Internet was sporadic at best. Parking was tight and often full with semi trailers. I did have hot water. I am not going back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Liz M, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Charlotte - WT Harris, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate any and all feedback as this helps us to improve our service. We have taken your points to heart and addressed them one by one.
We value all of our guests and understand the importance of your choosing us over our competition. Can you please call the hotel so we can discuss this.
Please allow us a second chance to redeem ourselves in the future. We would absolutely enjoy having you stay again and do everything possible to make it up to you.
Thank you and we truly hope you will consider returning for a better stay.
Sincerely, Mgmt & Staff

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Broomall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I travel a lot for my job and stay in at least 30 hotels per year. Thus I know what I want in a hotel...I want a clean quiet room that is in good working order and in modern condition and is also affordable.

This hotel has all of the above. The staff are also VERY attentive and really care about their customers. The rooms are clean, quiet, and have modern conveniences, and the rates are quite affordable.

I have never given ANY hotel an A+ rating, however this place gets that A+ rating from me!

Room Tip: I did not notice a restaurant in the hotel, however there is a Waffle House within walking distance...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Liz M, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Charlotte - WT Harris, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay here at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Charlotte Northlake. We are very pleased that you were happy with everything and we hope that if you visit the area again that you will come back and stay with us. You were correct in saying we do not have a restaurant at the property because all of our rooms have small kitchenettes where the guest's can cook. Thanks again for your wonderful comments and may you have a great rest of the year and a fantastic 2013.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

My stay was wonderful and the service was phenomenal. I was exteremely impressed with the customer service and how delightful everything was. Wherever I travel, I'm looking for for a Suburban to stay at.

• Stayed October 2012
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Traveling to Charlotte for the Democratic National Convention and found this property about 10 miles north of the city. Accomodations included a room with small kitchen area. Advertised as internet available free of charge for all guests. Internet was non existent. I could never connect. Property had limited staffing and amenities. Location was close to interstate and had a restaurant next door.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week during the 2011 Christmas/New Year's holiday season visiting family. The hotel is at a pretty good location in the middle of a Waffle House and a small mini shopping center. If you drive 2 miles down the road you will be in the Northlake Shopping Mall/Center.

The room itself was very basic, a bed, TV, extra chair with otto man, two drawers, a table with two chairs, a kitchenette (sink, two burners, mini fridge, microwave, glass cups/plates, saucer pan, and even a sterlized set of cutlery), phone, alarm clock, and bathroom. My husband usually lives out of hotel rooms and he said that it was nicer than most he's been in, I think mainly because it had a kitchenette. But when we first checked in the room did have a smoking/burning smell to it, we figured it was the AC unit and it was nothing a little Frebreeze couldn't take care of.

We were only in the room at 11pm-12pm, but when we would return to the room to "call it a night" the people above us were always so loud running back and forth until almost 2am. I didn't like that the front desk is ONLY open between 7am-11pm, but if we really had a problem we could call the room that the employee was staying in for any assistance.

We did have a problem with our key cards, only because the battery on the door lock was dying and we could not enter our room. We did than have to call the employee at 12:30am to help us, she was very nice about having to come down and helping us. She let us in our room and let us know that maintance will be down in the morning to fix the problem. And the maintance team did come and fix the door lock...at 8am...while we were still sleeping. They weren't loud about it, but I just wished that they would have given us a set time. But I think they fix it this way just so that you feel safe that your things aren't being touched.

Housekeepers don't even go into your room until you have checked out. If you need new towels you have to "turn them in" to the housekeepers and pick up new ones. We did not really care for the shower, it wasn't a tub, just a half-shower(?). My husband had more problems with it then I did, such as the curtain clinging to him while he was trying to shower. But it was handicapped friendly (if your looking for that) with two seats and an arm bar.

My only real complaint (besides the noisy neighbors) was that when I was walking between the corner of the bed and the dresser to get the the closet there was a nail sticking out of the bed and it did leave a cut on my leg that was about 1 1/2-2 inches long. I let the front desk know about this hazard when we checked out. To keep from getting cut again I had to make sure that the top blankets always covered the corner.

All in all this was a good value in a good location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Having to stay in Charlotte for several weeks, I asked around and found co-workers who had stayed here and enjoyed it. I liked that the hotel was not directly off the exit. The parking lot was very well lit adding the the feeling of safety. I foudn the staff very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The extra benefits of having the Charlotte Sports Center, a great gym, across the street and being able to purchase a weekly pass through the hotel for CHEAP was a bonus! The room was clean, the guest laundry secure and the grounds well kept. For long term stays, this is the place to be!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

stayed there for business travel, had all the comforts of home, but what really made it "home" was the staff, led by the awesome manager, Audrey, who made sure everything was taken care of for me.

Thanks see you next time in Charlotte!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Charlotte - WT Harris? Share your experiences!