“Won't Stay Anywhere Else” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park

You added TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8710 Research Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #85 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Won't Stay Anywhere Else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at the Towne Place Suites for nearly five years. We stay there every time we visit our daughter in Charlotte. The rooms are clean, the rates are unbelievably reasonable, and every member of the desk staff is incredibly kind and helpful. We love having a room with a love seat and refrigerator, but these rooms also have a chair, desk and chair, dorm-size fridge, stove, and sink. We have told our daughter not to move too far away, because we are in love with this hotel.

Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel two weekends ago.....AGAIN, the staff was excellent, everyone was very polite and helpful. Breakfast was good!
Our room was very clean and had NO problems with anyone.
Felt very safe staying there.....

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Charlotte area!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I would reccommend this place for a short stay. We had absolutely no issues at all with the property. The bed was very comfortable and the place was clean and bright. There were plenty of towels and wash cloths available as requested (good job). The front desk staff is lacking a bit for my taste but not horrible. They were not inviting and cheerful as most front desk reception people are. They were sort of stone faced and cold.

Oh almost forgot.......

I walked over to the office grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and said charge it to my room. The lady at the front desk simply said what's your room number. I replied 118 and she said ok.

Never asked for ID or at least that I had a valid key for 118. ???????

Not good so be sure to check your bill upon check out.

Room Tip: Corner suite was supurb!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is clean, the breakfast offerings are great, but the staff is what stands out! Louis, Michael, Tanika at the front desk; the breakfast lady, housekeeping staff. Everyone of them were professional and very caring & competent. The hotel is safe and clean & centrally located.

Stayed October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

During a stay for a weekend trip to Charlotte, we stayed at this hotel. On the surface things looked clean. However, when looking for something that we thought had fallen behind the baseboard, we were HORRIFIED to find a large dark stain on the top of the mattress, headboard and box spring, not a small stain, this was something that was large enough to stain 40% of this area!!!

My children and I were greeted each day by the smell of marijuana in the elevator and hallway along with trash in the elevator for two days. The evening front staff member was VERY rude, disrespectful and not very helpful. The breakfast was ok, nothing that I would have expected. I felt like we were staying in what could be characterized as a homeless shelter. This was not what I expected from Marriott, it was a 1 star experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
jason u, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We rely heavily on our guest feedback in order to improve. Please call me directly when you have a moment, I would like to discuss your recent experience with our hotel.

Jason Urschel
(704) 548 - 0388
Florence, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Multiple things wrong with this place.

First, I am a Marriott Silver traveler meaning I stay in a LOT of Marriott properties so I have quite a few experiences to hold this one up to.

I checked in and was offered room 300. When I walked in my room, there were water rings on the coffee table where a cup had sat and the TV did not work. I went down to tell the desk clerk and he stated that I would HAVE to change rooms. I was provided a key to room 200. NOW I had to remove all my things from room 300 and shuffle them into room 200.

I walk to the 200 hall and hear a LOT of noise. My room happens to be RIGHT BESIDE the noisy room. Plus, I enter my room and am knocked over by the smell of nicotine and air freshener.

I am SO disappointed. There is NO dresser in which to put my things. The "sofa" seems filthy and my socks are BLACK from walking on the dated emerald green carpet.

This is miserable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
jason u, Manager at TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for you comments. I have used them to better instill in my staff the importance fo clean comfortable rooms and efficient service. Please call me when you have a moment to discuss this matter further. Thank you again.

Jason Urschel
General manager
(704) 548 - 0388
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights while I prepared for a move out of state. The location was perfect for me which was close to my home and the highway. The staff was pretty nice and the room was average. The kitchen is very small. The desk is very nice. The only issue I had was the noise of patrons right in front of the property which unfortunately is where my window faced. It was very loud talking and laughter in the wee morning hours. It did end after I called the front desk so no complaints from me. I would suggest you select a room that does not face the office. The office is located right next to the pool which is very loud during the summer months.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park? Share your experiences!