“What a pleasant surprise for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Charlotte Arrowood

You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott Charlotte Arrowood to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Charlotte Arrowood
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7805 Forest Point Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28217 (Montclaire South)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #78 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Murphy NC
“What a pleasant surprise for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My wife Lil Mary and myself Big Frank were in Charlotte NC on some Real-Estate business. I work for Exit Realty in Murphy NC and my wife is studding to be a Realtor also so we can be a team.
Mary and I had stopped at about 6 different places looking for a fair price and they were all $104.00 night to $140.00 night. The most expensive one was the Hampton Inn and the little lady at the front desk was annoyed that I came in and asked her how much the rooms are. Not rude but a stones through from it laced in attitude.
Then we found This place with a AAA discount was $79.00 and had a full kitchen (pots & pans / dishes) and living room. The outside swimming pool looked nice and I hope to come back this summer to use it. What a nice, fun, clean place inside and out. If on business I think I could live there for a long time and be a happy camper.
The people there were friendly and knew you and called you by name. Nice breakfast room with many fresh choices. The exercise room was a bit small the TV had no volume on the walk machine but that is the only fault I could find. The place is all no smoking and for $75.00 one time fee will allow a pet. The hotel is clean and smells good and has a fun bright atmosphere with hot cookies waiting for you at night. Yum. I have officially become a Marriot member because of this visit and will in Feb. 2012 be visiting another one of their places in Charlotte.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Potenza, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed here a week for business, I usually stay at Residence Inns but there was not one in the area. It was close to where I needed to be a good access to I77 and I485 with lots of services within 15 minutes.

The room was large, I was on 3rd floor, and relatively quiet. It was clean. The quality of the furnishings is budget hotel level and the kitchen had below builder grade quality items. There was a basic breakfast area. The pool was closed for season. There is laundry facility. The work-out room had 3 machines (no weights or space to stretch).

You have to go outside to get to buildings where most rooms are located. Entry door closest to my room worked half the time.

Staff was friendly but property itself is budget level, seems like a Residence Inn hand-me-down.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stayed here as we were traveling with our Dog. Very clean rooms. Don't expect the Ritz. Quiet, clean and peaceful. The staff was very friendly, and the area was nice. Restaurants nearby are good.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same. Back side (non parking lot facing rooms) are much quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband recently had to spend the night in Charlotte on business and I decided to tag along with him. Towneplace Suites is quickly becoming our lodging of choice! As with other their other properties we've stayed at, this location exceeded our expectations.

Check in was a breeze. The rooms were clean, large, comfortable, and modern. The location is ideal, just right off Interstate 77 on the southern side of Charlotte. We found 2 major shopping areas within minutes of the hotel. While we only stayed one night, I think a business traveler could stay for a long period of time in this hotel and never feel cramped.

If the need to stay in Charlotte arises again in the future, this hotel will be our first choice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Hotel in nice quiet area, but close to restaurants and shopping. Staff very friendly. Room was clean and had plenty of room. Bed was the most comfortable bed ever!!!! Breakfast was ok, could have been more to choose from. Overall a nice place to stay for the money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed two nights at TownePlace at Arrowood; we had two small kids and four adults. The property is conveniently situated right off of I-77 but is tucked away behind a few other hotels, so there's less traffic noise than you'd think. The property itself is nice and well-kept; somewhat dated in spots. The lobby is very small but has a nice little mart with snacks and drinks if needed. The rooms are just OK - they're fairly cramped (even with two bedrooms, living area and kitchen, it felt REALLY tight) and the walls are paper-thin (could hear people coming up the stairs all night, and it sounded like the folks above us walked like a marching band). Our first room didn't have working AC, so we needed to switch (I should note - they gave us extra Rewards points for this inconvenience). Breakfast was minimal fare - bagels, bagged muffins, cereal, juice, yogurt and waffles. Better than nothing but I've seen MUCH better at Marriott properties.

All in all, I wouldn't steer someone away from here as it's not terrible, but there are lots of other places to stay in Charlotte that are better than this.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ssocias, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for. I am truly sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. And can assure you that we have already taken the necessary measures in order to prevent any future occurrence. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and allowing us to address your concerns. We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.
Wake Forest, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Front desk friendly. Keys work intermittently. Bed very uncomfortable. They failed to take old towels when cleaning the room and left the toilet tissue dispenser empty with no spare roll. They have a pool, but it is very small. The included breakfast is very limited.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and notify us of the issues you encountered during your stay. Please be assured this is not our normal level of service. Our goal is to provide our guests with positive experiences that they will remember and to establish an ongoing relationship to be your preferred hotel in the Charlotte area.

While we realize an apology does not assuage a situation after it has occurred we would sincerely like to apologize and let you know you are a very valued customer.

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Charlotte Arrowood? Share your experiences!