“Better than anticipated” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Savannah, GA
“Better than anticipated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I thought this three-star booking exceeded expectation. The rooms are large and comfortable. The TV was not HDTV but we didn't hold that against them. The room was exceptionally clean. We found the staff friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was better than I've had at many hotels that offer just a continental breakfast. Our room had a nice view of the center courtyard overlooking the pool. It was a very good value.
The complimentary cookies were a nice touch.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lynchburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I am traveling to Charlotte several days a week for business and typically stay at the Staybridge in Ballantyne, which is fantastic. When it was booked on a particiular week, I went to the Arrowood location. My experience was terrible. I stayed three nights and there was no housekeeping. I had to call the front desk to ask for clean towells, coffee and garbage bags. I was told to l leave my trash outside the door - twice I did this, and both times it was still there when I left in the morning (including my daughter's dirty diapers). One of the coffee mugs in my room had been glued back together. The hair dryer would overheat and shut off after about 30 seconds. The TV was OLD. The Ballantyne has upgraded to flat screens. The people working the front desk in the evening were less than accomodating. Arrowood is slightly less expensive than Ballantyne, but clearly you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I've been staying here on a lot for the last 9 months. It took me a while to figure out the best hotel in the area for the money and the Staybridge Suites Arrowood is it.

I reviewed it before and they have taken the critiques of other guests and I to heart. Here's why they are the best:
- The front desk staff (during the week at least) is super friendly now. They greet you with a smile like they are glad to see you.
- The evening snack and beer parties are cool.
- The rooms are in great shape and soooo spacious. If you've ever stayed in NYC or SFO, think of what the exact opposite feeling would be like. That's what you get here.
- Nice outdoor area with pool and basketball court.
- Workout room doubles as a laundry but the equipment is in good order and it is fine.
- The Wi-Fi rocks compared to most other hotels I have stayed at. Not rocking like your home cable connection, but pretty darn good compared to most hotels.

In summary, this place and the people have really grown on me. They have made great improvements even in the brief time I've been staying with them.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with a 3rd floor King overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011 via mobile

i stayed at the Staybridge and was Highly disappointed.. Before i even checked in it too the front desk associate 5 minutes to come to the desk and she didnt even Greet me.. After finally checking in i come into my room although very clean and neat VERY outdated.. old TV's with a VHS/DVD combo and unlike most staybridges old ragged comforter and the ice machine didnt work on the fridge.. the elevator was sticky and dirty and kids were making noise in the hallways.. Im.a priority club member and I was not acknowledged at check in mor givien a priority bag, but a guest who checked in shortly after me recieved one.. The woman at the desk did not want to honor my late check out request (PC Member) and said it was up to Housekeeping.. At 9am i get a loud knock from house keeping , check out is niot till 11 which i requested a late one.. (lack of commucation) I love Staybridges breakfast but this one SUCKED, sticky tables , watery juice, the waffle maker was crusty.. The fruit was old and very soggy and biscuts and eggs were dry and cold.. I accidently left an item in my room and the impatient front desk.associate didnt even take the time to take my name down before transferring me to voicemail.. But the icing on the cake was when THE FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE HAD HER SON THERE N TOLD HIM HE BETTER SHUT UP FOR THE NEXT 4 HOURS TILL SHE GETS OFF.. Beyond unprofessional then comes back to desk with a bag od chips and finally helps me.. IF YOUR GOING TO STAY STAYBRIDGE DRIVE THE EXTRA 25 MINS AND GO TO BALLYANTINE , THAT LOCATION IS EXCEPTIONAL WITH AMAZING SERVICE..AND FREE COOKIES UNLIKE CHARLOTTE -ARROWWOOD.. THEY MAKE IHG AND THE STAYBRIDGE BRAND LOOK BAD..

• Stayed September 2011
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Arrived at this hotel on Labor Day. This hotel is in a business area, not a tourist area. The hotel itself is very nice but the area is a little seedy. Got back to the hotel about 11:00 pm on Labor Day. A policeman was walking through the parking lot. That was comforting but left me questioning the need for that. At 3:00 am Tuesday morning someone was down the hall banging on a door and shouting. We had to call the front desk. Eventually they did send someone to put a stop to that but it was an unnerving experience. Better to go to this hotel on a weekday.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Lees Summit, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at the Staybridge Charlotte Arrowood. We had a king bedded suite that was very roomy and clean. We enjoyed a sofa and comfortable chair in the living room. We really enjoyed the facilities.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

Friends and I stayed here for 5 days and it was nice. Large, spacious rooms which was good because we had 7 people total and we were not on top of each other. The pool was refreshing after a long day of being outside, and as a smoker I love the little smoker courtyard. Breakfast had a good selection for those picky eaters. The only thing that was bad was that underneath my bed there was a lot of trash, and broken glass on the floor in the living room area. If that wouldn't have been there my stay would have been almost perfect, but the ac should keep me cool, and not sweating in the middle of the night. *bonus free laundry room!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte? Share your experiences!