“Very nice hotel on outskirts of Charlotte” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #13 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Snellville, Georgia
“Very nice hotel on outskirts of Charlotte”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Definitely catering to the business traveller, this suites hotel fit the needs of my family to a T. My wife and I were in town for a football game with our daughter and two grandsons. They have an extremely roomy 2 br suite with a large living room. They have an indoor pool, board games, etc so our 10 yr old grandson was always busy. The breakfast was decent in quality and variety and I enjoyed the single cup servings of coffee from the Starbucks machine. Very friendly staff and clean throughout. There are lots of restaurants within easy walking distance. You are a bit removed from the city in a quite business park.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello Grandpa 117,
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our property. I enjoyed reading your comments as it's always nice to hear compliments on cleanliness and customer service, as we truly take pride in what we all do here.

Thank you again for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and I hope you can stay with us again in the future when you pass through the Charlotte area.

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in October 2012 while at a lacrosse tournament with teenagers. We selected this hotel for the affordable two-bedroom suite and were thrilled with our experience. We saved a lot of money on this weekend by bringing most of our food and preparing it in the small kitchenette. It had everything we needed. The beds were comfortable and the hotel itself was beautiful and new and immaculate!

The teenage girls loved the putting green outside and we were excited to find a comfortable place to sit out and enjoy the beautiful Charlotte Fall weather.

While I did not use the gym, I did take a look and can confirm that it was clean, bright, and cheerful.

We look forward to returning to this hotel next year andI would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hello 41sps,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I enjoyed reading your positive comments. Our two bedrooms suites are perfect for family travel and I'm happy that you were "thrilled with your experience"! We hope to have you stay with us again in the future when you pass through the Charlotte area. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne.
Ft.Myers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We came to town to meet up with out of state friends with a dog in tow. I was not feeling well and several of the staybridges features helped me to feel more comfortable; the goodie bag with bottled water and gummy candy helped with the queasiness. The shower was nice and hot and
Plentiful: it was almost spa like in it's effect to relax. I'm telling you the shower there is a big selling feature. The down side would be the heavy chlorine odor in the water, but I don't know if that can
Be controlled by the hotel unless carbon is placed in the shower heads. I'm allergic to down so it was nice to have a selection of squishy pillows that weren't down. The bed was comfortable and the place was nice and clean and seemed to be well maintained. There was some street noise even on the third floor. The light blocking curtains did a great job. Glad to see a night light placed under the built in hair dryer for night time visits to the restroom. For security purposes I would recommend having an in wall safe placed.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room away from the stairwell.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne is in a convenient location in Charlotte. There is ample parking along the front and side, and there are several restaurants across the street to eat at if you choose not to drive after a long day. Check-in was quick and efficient. I would recommend a room facing the street rather than the courtyard. While this may seem counter-intuitive, you don't have to worry about drunken adults hanging out on the putting green at 11:00pm yelling and joking around.

The rooms are large enough to not make you feel cramped, and are well equipped. There are cooking utensils, pots and pans, plates and glassware for use, as well as limited cleaning supplies. They also have a coffee maker with sugar, creamer and limited coffee packs for your use. They even provide a bag of popcorn which I think is a thoughtful idea. While you are able to cook for yourself, there is limited seating area in a regular room if there are more than one person. There is only one chair to go along with the desk. There is a sofa with two small coffee tables. The bathroom shower head is one of the better ones that I have encountered, but might be a little low for tall people.

The breakfast buffet has a nice selection, with both hot and cold options. It gets pretty crowded and seating can become scarce. They also have Krispy Kreme donuts, Starbucks and Wolfang Puck coffee. You can also get breakfast to go if you are in a hurry.

The only issue with the hotel, which is not their fault, is the other guests who think that this is their personal playground. While you would think it would be kids, it is in fact are adults, whether drunk or not who make a lot of noise and act like kids taking "do not disturb" signs off of the doors of the guest rooms. You can hear people walking above you as well as TVs in adjacent rooms. I would request a room on the third floor which would likely solve this problem.

I would recommend the hotel, as it offers a comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Wbullseye,
I appreciate you taking the time to provide us your valued feedback and I truly enjoyed your review. I do however regret the noise inconvenience you experienced from other patrons, in the future please notify the Front Desk Team and they will do their very best to alleviate the disturbance.
Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and we hope to have you stay with us again soon. Best Regards, Nicole Clyburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

The Staybridge is a great place to stay - convenient to restaurants, shopping but also a quiet place to stay. We were there 5 nights and were very pleased with the service, accommodations, breakfast was good with a nice variety. They have an evening small meal a few nights a week but we didn't partake as it didn't fit in our plans. My only complaint - the living room/kitchen part of our room had a bit of a musty smell. I sprayed with a freshner and it helped but was noticeable when we returned to the room.

• Stayed August 2012
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hello Suzieshu,
Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel as your feedback allows us to discover any shortcomings and make necessary improvements when needed. We are currently looking into the odor that you experienced in your room and hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again in the future.
Regards,
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stopped in here for one night and were glad that we did. They accept pets in some rooms, which is primary reason that we chose this hotel. The rooms were exceptionally clean and large. Whenever we stay in Charlotte, we will make sure that we stay here from now on.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hello FoutsNC,
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. I enjoyed reading your comments, especially where you noted that your room was " exceptionally clean". My housekeeping team takes great pride in their work and I will be passing these comments on to them as your feedback is very much appreciated. We look forward to your return to the Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

When I travel for business in Charlotte, I like to stay at the Staybridge Suites in Ballantyne. Rooms are comfy, staff is pleasant and always remember me by name, and lots of little extras which are very valuable to the business traveler. Free and good breakfast, appetizers some weeknights (with free wine), nice workout facilities, little "shop" to get frozen dinners, aspirin, toothpaste, etc, nice area with lots of shopping. I've stayed other places nearby and always miss the Staybridge.

• Stayed April 2012
NicoleC1000, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Hello Pattyjf,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property as we are thrilled that we are your hotel of choice when you are here in Charlotte. We look forward to your next visit with us! Best Regards, Nicole Clyburn General Manager

Been to Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne? Share your experiences!