“Excellent Location and Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Excellent Location and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for just one night. We each have two sons and we booked two rooms. The location was great and the shuttle service took us anywhere we needed to be downtown. The staff was super friendly and the free breakfast was a step above similar locations where I have stayed. There was a lot of construction around the hotel, but it did not bother us. We also had a leaky shower, but again...a minor issue and I told the front desk when we left so they could take care of it. I would stay here again when visiting Charlotte.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We work on our service skills every day so I am glad that it showed. We do have a lot of construction around us but before too long these additions will make this area a premier spot in the Uptown area.

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First let me say, my wife and I are Residence Inn fans. The room was what we have come to expect from this chain, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was great as always. The frustrating part comes from trying to get to the garage to park. Seven times from check-in till check-out, I tried entering each time it was a 5 to 15 minute wait. The problem mainly stems from inconsiderate people blocking the entrance, when its clearly posted not to do so. But the front desk must also shoulder some of the blame because you can clearly see from their vantage point this is happening. Someone needs to work on this, waiting 15 minutes is ridiculous and very frustrating! If there is going to be a seprate charge for parking I should be able to do conveniently.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Let me apologize for the inconvenience of you having to wait and waste your valuable time parking at our facility. I am sorry that the front desk and bellmen did not keep the flow of traffic at an acceptable pace. There is another entrance to the garage just around the corner from our main entrance to the hotel that you must not have been aware of. We will take aggressive steps to help train our associates to recommend the other entrance when traffic patterns are high. Again, please accept our apologies.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This was a fantastic hotel in the heart of downtown. It is right across the street from the Panther's stadium. It was nice and quiet in the off season. The hotel is very comfortable and loaded with amenities (no pool that I saw though). The breakfast was amazing. Parking was easy, but a separate charge. Charlotte has a lot to offer and it is all convenient enough from this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the kind words. I am glad that you had a wonderful time. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Edgewood, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have been traveling to Charlotte for almost 10 years and always check the Residence Inn - Uptown first. More often than not I am able to make my reservations at the Residence. The staff truly makes you feel welcome. John and Ana in the bar/night reception area are - at least they seem to be - happy to see you. This week John had a new assistant, Henry, who was just as nice as the rest of the Residence staff. Dave Love is the General Manager who spreads his infectious great attitude to the entire hotel staff.
I highly recommend this Residence Inn for stays while in Charlotte. This is the best value in Charlotte too.

Room Tip: Don't worry about the construction going on adjaent to two sides of the building. The building i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
edchair
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our family is attached to the Marriott brand and we often stay at a Residence Inns for the room and now because they accept pets. (Our maiden journey with our Lakeland Terrier). This is a particularly nice Residence Inn. The rooms are the same as most other such hotels, but they have a bar in the lobby and a very nice exercise facility. Their afternoon snacks were nice as was happy hour. The staff has been extremely accommodating with our pet and made us feel welcome with her on this our first journey. If you like to stay in a Residence Inn, I heartily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
asheville, nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We arrived in the afternoon on a Sunday and discovered that they are doing extensive building next door -- like building a stadium. The desk clerk gave us a room facing the construction. When we said this wouldn't do, she said "I thought you would want a city view." Having asked and been told that the construction started at 7 am, NO, we want quiet. She then sent us to a room which hadn't been made up and finally on the third try we got a quiet room.

Next I asked for a city map. She said they were all out. (I later found one on a rack down the hall.) The next morning we asked for directions to the visitors center and they gave us incorrect directions on a map which when I looked carefully showed the i for information two blocks closer to the hotel than we had been told. She had suggested that we take the shuttle bus because there was no parking, but when we got there, there was clearly parking. I wonder if she has ever gone out of the hotel and looked around.

We had hoped for a pool and hot tub, but they were not on the premises. We were told we could use the shuttle bus and call and they would come back and pick us up. I opted for a hot bath.

The room was, as all Residence Inns, clean and pleasant. The breakfast room wasn't obvious and we had to search to find coffee in the evening, but it was out and available, once we located it.

We did call Marriott and complain and they were accommodating.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not facing "the city view" if you want quiet -- at least for several mon...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CharlottehotelGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We do have a considerable amount of contruction surrounding our property at this time. In a few months we will be blessed with a new ballpark and city park in which to enjoy. My guest service manager and I will use your service issues to help pinpoint areas that we can improve in those areas. We hope that you will return to our property in a few months when the construction subsides.
Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn Uptown March 15 to 19, 2013. The Hotel itself is very nice with clean comfortable rooms, a fitness center, restaurant and bar. Regardless of the star rating that may be applied to the Hotel it is the staff that makes this a wonderful, and in my opinion, 5 star Hotel. I can't remember them all but right from the Manager Dave on down to Susan, Jeremy, Henry, Anna and all the others they make any stay most enjoyable and cater to your every need.

Room Tip: If you get a King 1 bedroom suite with a balcony, you cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown? Share your experiences!