“Every four minutes!!!.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/Northlake

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/Northlake to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/Northlake
Ranked #73 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Every four minutes!!!.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

...was how often the heater would kick on and run. It would run for four minutes and shut off for four minutes. This repeated all night long. I guess that wouldn't be bad if the heater didn't sound like a giant industrial fan was not 3 feet from the bed. And often times make this loud clicking sound. Let's just say it kept us up most of the night.
We booked this hotel based on the reviews from tripadvisor and because it seemed it was the only one in the area we were looking that had a private jacuzzi tub. We were sadly disappointed. This is an average hotel. Not bad for the money. The decor is interesting. We stayed in a queen bed hot tub room. There are sparkles on the ceiling and a dark tinted mirror that runs on two walls. The lighting is odd. The only light we could use near the bed was a fluorescent light mounted over the bed. It reminded me of a light you would find over a hospital bed.
The mattress may be new but is very hard. Beware if that doesn't work for you. I was fine with it but my wife was numb by morning.
The jacuzzi tub is in the room, not in the bathroom, which was fine for us. It fits two but is smaller than some other in room jacuzzis we have been in.
We got to breakfast at 9am. It ends at 9:30 and there were no more eggs. I was told that they were out and would not be replenishing them. The eggs would have been the best part of the breakfast.
There was a small refrigerator in the room and a microwave. Not sure if that is standard for all rooms.
There is a nice flat-screen TV and HBO is free.
The room was clean and the carpet seemed relatively new.
And, Finally a hotel with a GREAT shower head!! I would have to say that is the best part of the room.
Overall, average for the price.
Apparently there are a lot of thefts of room amenities. There is a nice reminder that if you take something, you bought it.
It was nice to find a no smoking room that seemed to actually be a no smoking room.
It is right off, and easily accessible from the highway.

Room Tip: Unless you really want the hot tub, don't spend the extra money.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is the 6th year we have stayed at this property and every year it seems to get better. This year we noticed an upgrade in the carpeting, flat panel television in the room and new mattresses - the pillow-top is very comfortable! Owner and staff (seems to be the same staff for many years now - a good sign in my book!) remember us from year to year, making us feel like valued guests. Breakfast is standard for this type of facility - we prefer to walk across the street to Denny's for a full hot breakfast. Quiet location. Nicely located just off I-77 for easy access to many of Charlotte's attractions and activities.

Room Tip: Suites have ample room for a family or extended stay
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice already on my twice-yearly trip from Binghamton, NY to Florida and have been very satisfied with the price and service. It is right off the highway which is very convenient The breakfast is good, standard hotel breakfast. The beds are comfortable and the staff is very nice.

The best part about the hotel is that when I left my portable hard-drive in the room, I called up and they mailed it to me. True honesty!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HIGH POINT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My stay was okay other visitors were a little loud considering it was just one night. Motel did not have enough lighting on the front side of the facilitiy. I don't know if it was a over sight on the desk at the mirror some cup stains were left I assume from previous guest. But over all I had a good night stay. The Desk Clerk was very nice and new alot about the area and asked if I needed any assistance for anything to let him know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Hopkins, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hotel is in a good location; right near I-77 and you have tons of eateries to choose from such as Denny's, Jack in the Box, Waffle House, etc. Northlake Mall is within traveling distance as well; clean and comfortable with friendly staff. I will definitely stay there again if and when I'm in that area of Charlotte!

Room Tip: All the rooms are in a good location, you cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family