“Great location - nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   508 E Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Second Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up To 25%
Ranked #20 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Newton, North Carolina
“Great location - nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed overnight to join up with company. As they were going to venture to the Nascar Museum this was the perfect place to stay as it was literally across the road. Parking was $10/day indoor that was shared with the Hampton. We didn't have any problem finding a good spot and it did feel safe. We had a King room with Jacuzzi - very nice and comfortable. The coffee maker in the room was a Keurig which was a great surprise. There was a complimentary breakfast however we didn't use this as we opted to go out. I would recommend to anyone and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Jamesburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a good hotel right on the edge of the action. The NASCAR hall of fame is across the street and a lot of good local bars and restaurants close by with in walking distance. The hotel has a nice lobby with the usual bar that opens at 5 and closes at 10 pm which I think is a little early, however, the staff is very pleasant. The room was nice, I had a king bed on the tenth floor with a whirlpool and a decent view. They have an indoor pool that is small and I did not see any activity in it nor did I have any desire to swim in it. The exercise room is okay the equipment is in okay shape and was good for what I needed it for. The hotel offers a good shuttle service to the local businesses and they pick you up which is the best part in case you enjoy a few adult beverages. I was there for business and would stay there again. The rates are okay and I am sure they vary when events are in town. I do see some minor maintenance issues with the property and hopefully management sees them as well.

Room Tip: Upper floors do to the city traffic
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there this past weekend for a little couples time. Had a wonerful time. Price was good, nice, clean room. Great location, right outside downtown, so nice and quiet. Within walking distance of downtown, directly across the street from the Nascar Hall of Fame. Found out that the hotel offers shuttle service that will take you anywhere within 3 miles. Great stay. Only reason didn't score 5 stars is because the hotel didn't offer free breakfast. Most hotels now a days off free breakfast.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Morganton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I had to spend the night in Charlotte recently (medical emergency). The hospital recommended the Hilton. The check-in was probably the easiest check-in we have ever experienced in any hotel, anywhere. The young man at the front desk was very friendly and efficient. The hotel had a hospitality bar to the right of check-in -- all types of beverages and fresh-baked cookies. The room was really nice and absolutely spotless and had a great view of the beautiful Charlotte skyline. We had had a very long, nerve-wracking day and were exhausted. The bed was so comfortable -- just what we needed. I would give this hotel an excellent rating except for two things. Finding, entering, the maneuvering through the parking garage was very confusing. The entrance into the parking deck needs better signage. We just accidently found it, after circling the block once and making one U-turn. Second reason not giving the excellent rating, the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. The hotel's website describes the restaurant as Great American Grill, a "neighborhood" favorite, with a fantastic menu. That is far from what we found. We were the only guests for dinner in the restaurant. The one and only waitress was very rude and didn't know much about the restaurant, its food, or anything else. There were only about four or five entrees on the menu. I have to admit, what we ordered was freshly prepared and good. $18 for a hamburger and French fries I feel is a little expensive. However, I highly recommend this hotel. We will definitely stay here again -- will just make dining plans elsewhere.

Room Tip: I feel you would not be disappointed with any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Murrells Inlet, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

From the parking garage to the desk to the shuttle, every employee we met had a smile, was friendly, courteous and helpful. We did not experience any inconveniences but based on the interaction with the staff, I am sure that if we had it would have been handled to our satisfaction.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown for an interview. The staff were very nice. They have a convenient shuttle for within a 3-mile radius, which was nice. However, I was left a bit stressed because I had a 6:15 interview and the shuttle doesn't run until 6am. Also, they do not offer service to/from the airport, which would have been nice. They did not have coffee/tea available in their lobby in the early morning; I had a 5:50am flight so I had to ask the front desk for some tea. They were very nice about it, but it would have been nice if it had been available.
The rooms were nice and quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great hotel. I don't like the fact that I had to pay for parking as a HH Member. Also, had a problem with my room key working to let me in the garage. Otherwise, very nice stay! Would stay again. Near the Epicenter and Midnight Diner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown? Share your experiences!