“Convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown

You added Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   508 E Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Second Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Romance Package
Ranked #19 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Pasadena, California
“Convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown for an interview. The staff were very nice. They have a convenient shuttle for within a 3-mile radius, which was nice. However, I was left a bit stressed because I had a 6:15 interview and the shuttle doesn't run until 6am. Also, they do not offer service to/from the airport, which would have been nice. They did not have coffee/tea available in their lobby in the early morning; I had a 5:50am flight so I had to ask the front desk for some tea. They were very nice about it, but it would have been nice if it had been available.
The rooms were nice and quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great hotel. I don't like the fact that I had to pay for parking as a HH Member. Also, had a problem with my room key working to let me in the garage. Otherwise, very nice stay! Would stay again. Near the Epicenter and Midnight Diner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I came for 1 night and stayed 3, the hotel staff were very accommodating, friendly and helpful. I can't say there was anything to complain about...I even enjoyed the snow! I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and it's close enough to the city you can walk or even take their shuttle which will drop and pick you up.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Not only the best location across from the NASCAR Hall of Fame, but some of the best service we had on this vacation and we stayed at the Biltmore (which was over the top). The check in service was very quick and very friendly and seemed to really be delighted that we were there. I had added breakfast on to the room in the package and I'm glad I did because it was great. Made to order eggs and all the fixings. All the staff were so friendly anytime you saw any of them housekeeping, desk, bell staff they were all so happy to have you there and wanted to know if they could help you in any way. OH WE WILL GO BACK. Lots of value for your money here.

Room Tip: Add on the breakfast if you can saves you $4 each person and the breakfast is good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had booked this hotel since it was close to the convention center for the wedding show that I was exhibiting at this past weekend. The front desk check in process was very smooth and the agent was very friendly. She was able to recommend some restaurants in the area and told me about the complimentary shuttle that they offer. I arrived to my room and the heat was on and it smelled so clean. I ordered room service, which was good and received a follow up call to see how my meal was. The next morning - they offer a beautiful breakfast buffet, but I just wanted a bowl of cereal - which at first was told I couldn't just get that. I thought - I will just grab a granola bar from the pantry. When I mentioned that to the front desk, the agent right away got on the phone and called the restaurant and told them to let me purchase a bowl of cereal. I walked over to the breakfast area and the AGM came over and introduced himself and said, "that is on us". I thought that was very nice gesture! Then the shuttle took me over to the show and picked me up when it was over so I could get my car from the garage. I would stay there again - no question!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

You will totally enjoy this property. It is conveniently located to major site seeing venues and good restaurants. The personal experience was enhanced by the quality of people working at the hotel from the General Manager down to the people driving the free van transportation. Parking is a premium so I suggest using the transportation provided by the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The front desk group were not helpful or friendly throuhgout the weekend. We asked to get a shuttle and we had to ask 2 more times for her to act upon it within a 20 minute span. And within that time, allowed other groups to take the shuttle without notifying us that the shuttle had arrived.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown? Share your experiences!