“The very best hotel to host your Family Reunion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Charlotte Hotel

You added Omni Charlotte Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Charlotte Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28280 (Second Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking!
Ranked #43 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
“The very best hotel to host your Family Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The title says it all. I hosted my families 9th reunion in Charlotte. This was our first time with Charlotte as a host city. Previous host cities included San Francisco, South Beach, Atlanta, Coconut Grove. We had simply the best experience at this site. Tracy Douglas and Tracy Gentili helped to coordinate the event. They helped me to stay on budget and yet still give my family an experience they would never forget.

The AV and catering team were top notch. For our evening banquet we rented a tv were pictures were on rotating display using my laptop. The equipment was well maintained and worked flawlessly
We utilized the valet service, among others- Adrienne was simply phenomenal. When we had questions about getting a last minute charter van- she referred us to a man named Boyce Huntley. with Access Transportation. Who the most gracious with his time.

This location can not be beat. During daylight and late afternoon hours there is covered walkway access to the epicentere- movie theater, bars and restaurants are literally right across the street in one small area. Great for the timid, young at heart and those with restricted mobility . Perfect for rainy days. It is one of the few hotels that has an outdoor pool. Allowing those who want to soak up some sun next to the water- to do so as charlotte is 2+ hours from the beach. And perfect for when the kids get antsy and you want to tire them out for a quiet night.

I highly recommend the Pomodoro room. It is a smaller venue but it was just perfect for our size family. It has floor-ceiling windows that overlook the streets of charlotte. We just loved it. Beautiful scenery as we danced the night away. Our DJ was Billie Chambers ('DJ Kash').

Words can not express how thrilled I was with location. I got compliments about the staff and service the entire time for various family members. We will be in Atlanta next year ( as there is a different host family), but I hope it is with the Omni once again.

Thank you once again, We LOVED it!

Room Tip: July 4th fireworks can be seen from room 823.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I booked at the Omni Charlotte to attend a convention. There was a special rate, which was pretty reasonable.
When I checked in online, I decided to treat myself and upgrade to a suite. I assumed it went through, only to get to the hotel and find that was not so, and in fact, they did not have any available. With computerization, I would have thought that should be easy - same as booking! I should have been able to have an answer straight away, especially as only 2 room types were offered to me as a choice! When I got to the hotel, I was given a room on their club floor without paying the extra for it.
The room itself was pretty small - nothing special, and rather drab carpets. I appreciated the room safe, but $6 for a bottle of water? Get some from the vending machine or go downstairs to Walgreen for lots of choice (the hotel is attached to a shopping complex)
Service in the club lounge was fabulous! The lady there recalled my drink preference and kept it in stock. The food available was also tasty and appreciated.
I didn't pay for food in the hotel as it came with the event. What I had was quite reasonable. Catering for a group of people usually means the food is on the safe side.
Checking out was a fiasco - I always want to make sure the bill is correct, with a zero balance, with a printed copy in hand. What happened is exactly why I do so.
Well, they had added an extra $30 per night, even though I had confirmed the rate on check-in! I brought it to the attention of the front desk, but was told they could not do anything till the manager arrived - supposed to be 7 am, but did not stroll in till 7.10 and was peeved because I wanted it resolved straight away. I had an international flight to catch - sorting it out made me 30 mins later than I had planned. I was not impressed, either with the ability to sort it out quickly and gracefully, nor with the lack of a system in place to better handle this. It appears that their booking system is more manual than automated. Luckily, I made my flight.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Located in the downtown across from the Epicenter this hotel is very nice. It is a higher end place, and service is what you would expect. Very clean and well decorated. I like the easy access to the Epicenter across the street, connected by a walkway. Many restaurants, bars and more.
Great place to stay if you can afford it.

Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were here for 4 nights and even though the rooms could use an upgrade, it was still very comfortable, in a terrific location in downtown Charlotte, very close to great restaurants...try 'Harvest' for breakfast - farm to table, it's good, but, be prepared to wait....
There is a Starbucks & Walgreens on the lower level (though Starbucks is not open on the weekends in this hotel).
The restaurant in the Lobby served great burgers and had a nice trendy bar vibe.
Very close to the theater - we were seeing a show one night.
I wish the beds weren't quite so hard - but the pillows were excellent!
Staff at valet and on the front desk were really excellent. We enjoyed this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are really cool, odd shaped - long, but LOTS of windows!
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was located a block from the Time Warner Arena which saved us from having to find and pay for parking the night of our concert. It is also located just a few blocks form some fabulous restaurants. Staff was helpful and friendly. Down side is it s located next to the epicenter which plays loud live music til after 11:00. Nice room but glad i paid half the normal rate thru priceline.

Room Tip: You should use priceline, name your own price tool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel is in a prime location in downtown Charlotte, just steps away from the Epicenter, shopping, and restaurants. Our room smelled like mildew, but I noticed there was no bathroom fan, so I'm assuming that this is where the smell is originating from. The outdoor pool is very small, but the area around the pool is extremely large and comfortable. We enjoyed our time out there. The staff was not as friendly as I would have liked. No one was really rude, but no one went out of their way to make us feel welcome either. The front desk staff didn't seem very knowledgeable about interesting things to do in the area. I probably would try another hotel, should I find myself back in this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I normally stay at the Hilton in Charlotte, however it was booked/ridiculous price so stayed at the Omni this visit. Rooms are decent sized, include coffee maker, robe & in-room safe --- although some noticeable wear in my room. The location is good & I really liked having the Starbucks & Walgreens in the lower level. Staff at the hotel - front desk & bar/restaurant were southern friendly. Overall - think Omni is a better choice in Charlotte than the Hilton or Westin & will probably stay there next visit --- and considering that I have status at the others (& not Omni) that is good praise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Omni Charlotte Hotel? Share your experiences!