“Lots of little mishap things added up to dissappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.

You added Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9110 Southern Pine Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28273   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up To 15%
Ranked #10 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“Lots of little mishap things added up to dissappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

As a typical Hampton Inn customer, I made the reservation for this location due to a business trip. The $132.00 AARP rate seemed a bit expensive for the location. It is right off the interstate and was very convenient to my training location so I settled for it. Upon arrival the check-in clerk did not provide the typical explanation on the breakfast location and times, etc. Found this a bit odd. I did ask if they had any restaurant recommendations and they provided a one page, 2 sided list of restaurants grouped by distance away from the hotel and in the same directions. There were many to choose from and were very accurate. I did patronize one of them the first night.

Arriving in the room, it had a smell and after 15 minutes, I phoned the front desk and requested that I have another room. Smelled like they had some type of aerosol spray they must have used and it just did not agree with me. They indicated I could immediately come down and get the new key.

The second room was on the 6th floor and was quiet. Had no major problems with the room itself the first 2 days of my stay. More on that later. I did stop in the lobby to get a cup of coffee from their dispensers; and it was cold. Thought this was a bit unusual.

The first morning breakfast did not agree with me as there was no serving of hot foods. They had prepared sandwiches, etc. in a small refrig and you had to nuke it. No premade oatmeal, no eggs, etc. I experienced this in only 1 other Hampton Inn in Kentucky and that location indicated it was a local law that buffet style open food containers were not permitted. No signs of that in this location. They did have the typical cold things, cereals, make your own waffle, fruit, etc. I again tried the regular coffee in the breakfast area and again cold. What is up with this? Now I had a full cup of cold coffee and nowhere to dispose of it. The service kitchen area was closed, appeared no one was there. I had fruit and went on with my day.

The second breakfast I did make myself oatmeal by adding hot water to the mix from the package and then nuked it in the microwave. The coffee this day was hot; yea! Breakfast the 3rd day was skipped and just took the bag and go route instead. Coffee was only lukewarm this morning.

On Friday morning, I got up and headed to the bathroom to be surprised with about a dozen or so small little black bugs crawling around in the sink basin. I flushed them all down the drain and killed 2 others coming down the walls. This shocked me. I later talked to my wife and she said they had started the night before when she had gotten up to use the bathroom about 1:00 AM. She too said she had to flush them all down the drain.

When I checked out, I indicated they should enter a maintenance order to check for the bugs. They wrote it down but there was no apology for the mishap; no offer of their 100% satisfaction guarantee made. I did not want anything in return, nor expected it, but it just seemed that the desk clerks were not trained in the typical things expected and provided at virtually every other Hampton I stay at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

From the start, this hotel has been great. The desk staff, at all shifts, are friendly and helpful. The hotel and grounds are clean, neat and obviously well maintained. Every staff member you encounter has a smile and hello. They even have a complimentary shuttle that will take you shopping, dining in a 5 mile radius & the drivers are even nice! The room is one of the cleanest I've ever seen : )))) Big smiles all the way!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sarasota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Excellent staff working in a somewhat outdated hotel. The in room internet would not connect to my laptop or my wife's Ipad. To use the internet we had to go to the lobby, very inconvenient. The room lacked a fridge to keep personal products fresh or chilled. Otherwise a great location for easy highway access.

Room Tip: Don't count on in room internet service or a fridge to keep water or other products cold
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for business. The staff is super friendly and willing to help. My room was great except for the heat which was a little noisy. The free breakfast is not too bad and allows for easy conversation with co-workers. I would recommend it since it is about 15 minutes from the airport.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for the ACC Championship last weekend. We had a room with 2 queen beds and the rooms were large. The location was convenient to I-77 and I-485 (it was only a 10-15 min drive to the stadium). The breakfast area was congested one morning but I have never been to a breakfast bar that was not :) I thought the options were fine. One of the previous reviews mentioned that you had to heat your hot items in the microwave, I actually think this is a good idea (not wasting food and actually saving money). We had a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I normally stay at Hampton Inn properties during our travels from the East Cost to Florida. This location was convenient to the highway and had a Ruby Tuesday across the street for dinner conveniece. We had a nice king room, very comfortable, but it was on the 1st Floor, next to the side exit door. Since it was a Friday evening, it wasn't too noisy but we should have asked to be placed on higher floor. The breakfast selections were a surprise...first time we encountered no buffet style eggs, etc. Rather, they had a small refrigerator with pre-made breakfast sandwiches that you had to heat up in the microwave....have never encountered this before at a Hampton Inn location. They did have a complete set up for toast, bagels, etc. and did have the waffle maker option. I am hoping that this breakfast set up is not a sign of future changes at all Hamton properties. If so, we will be selecting another hotel brand during our travels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hot SPrings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed for nearly a week as we looked for housing in the Charlotte Area. We were upgraded by Ra'Shauna Pickett to a King Suite (Amazing suite) from a Junior Suite that had a flood light aimed at the window. RaShauna went above and beyond to address our concerns. Suite is well appointed with a great bathroom. The only negative for this hotel is the breakfast is a little under par for what we usually experience at a Hampton Inn. The entrees are frozen and cooked individually and there is no ready made oatmeal. Other than that, the hotel is in a great location, easy to "uptown" and southpark. We will stay there again as we transition to Charlotte.

Room Tip: Avoid the 18 series rooms in the corner (Junior Suites) there is a flood light aimed at that corner...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.

Address: 9110 Southern Pine Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28273
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Family Hotel in Charlotte
#10 Business Hotel in Charlotte
#12 Romantic Hotel in Charlotte
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd. Hotel Charlotte
Hampton Inn Hotel Charlotte
Hampton Inn Charlotte
Charlotte Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.