“Very nice weekend stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #64 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Atlanta, GA
“Very nice weekend stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Most hotel reviews simply depend on the room you stayed in and I must say, I hit the jackpot. This was the cleanest, most well maintained room I have ever stayed in and I am comparing it to many more expensive hotels. I'm not overly picky, but you know how the little things can make a difference. No stains on anything, no nicked tiles in the bathroom, no stray hair, no well worn pillows on the sofa, etc. Everything looked practically new.

I came to Charlotte for the Q-City BBQ festival and while I could hear the music in the background from my room, I heard nothing else. The place seemed packed but maybe there was no one next to me because I never heard any TV noise, or people in the halls, thumping upstairs or downstairs... so the walls must be pretty thick.

The parking was fine although a lot of larger vehicles were crammed in tight on the lower levels. I had no problem finding plenty of space a few levels up. The area is well lit and elevators are close so it never felt unsafe to me.

I'm only going to ding for one thing and I'll admit that maybe *I* should have asked for more information. Since I never the left the hotel until I checked out, I had trouble using the hotel key to get out. The front desk person said use the key instead of my ticket, so that's what I did. However, I was asked for more money and there was no attendant to help. Finally, a person in the car behind me got out to help and was nearly as confused. I finally figured out I needed to use a different key card reader but then I could not find the key card drop. Neither could the driver behind me. I ended up giving the key to a parking attendant on the street and she said she would turn it in for me. And she offered to assist the driver behind me so that was nice.

Other than that, I will definitely stay here again next year. Close to everything and very well managed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Atlantagreen,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!
Sherry McWherter, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Little River, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

As out of town guests, just coming in for a sporting event, it was a wonderful place to stay. A bit on the pricey side, but I will admit well worth every penny. Location was perfect, the hotel staff were scarse though, but I didn't need anything so it didn't effect my stay. Our room was beautiful, the view, well who needs it when you are only sleeping there.

Room Tip: We chose this hotel because it was close to the stadium. It was within walking distance, so we could...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I do a 4 day week, 3 out of 4 weeks a month. Perfect fit for an uptown business traveller in all ways. A marriott is a marriott.The rooms as dandy, staff is always as good and heh with marriott rewards it doesn't get any better.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Vinusat81,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage at Courtyard Charlotte City Center. We're glad you find our hotel, accommodations, and helpful service a perfect fit for your business travels. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again soon. Thank you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Was in CLT for business and got Courtyard Downtown through Priceline. Nice hotel. The desk staff was friendly and professional. Checked-in with no issues and they accommodated my always request of high floor, good view, room away from elevators. My room was nice, comfortable, and clean. Plenty of restaurants near.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
refinedruffneck,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience with us at Courtyard Charlotte City Center. We're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our friendly staff and accommodations well suited for your travels. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here while visiting my daughter at a nearby college. Couldn't ask for a much better location while in Charlotte. Right in the middle of everything. Check in was quick and painless. Depending on what you are looking to do, you don't really need a car, but they have parking onsite if you have one. Lobby is typical for a Courtyard, with the Bistro area for food and drink. Room was spacious and clean. A nifty touch is the pool on the roof.

While visiting, we went to the Giants/Carolina game, and the hotel was filled with football fans. I can see why - the stadium is really close, and the tailgate parties start right across the street from the hotel! As a nice touch, when the Giants got crushed and I came back all downtrodden, the nice lady at the front desk offered me a hug (I needed it!).

Would definitely stay here again. Only word of caution - the streets of Charlotte can be confusing! The entrance to the hotel and parking is on the sidestreet, and depending on how you approach you may find yourself in a "no turn" situation and have to drive around the block.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Reactor1966,
We appreciate you selecting Courtyard Charlotte City Center while visiting your daughter at college. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location and amenities well suited for your visit. It's great to hear you had an opportunity to attend the Giants/Carolina game during your visit, and I'll be certain to pass along your kind comments to our front desk associate that added a little extra comfort on your return from the game. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope to extend our hospitality to you again in the near future. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Nicely situated for a trip to Charlotte, very convenient for the stadium and theater. Near to lots of great restaurants. Ruth Chris, McCormick and Schmick just across the street. Reception staff not very welcoming, but staff at bar area very nice. Good size rooms. Easy car parking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann B,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Charlotte City Center. We appreciate you sharing your reflections on our spacious accommodations, as well as all the variety of entertainment and dining options that our central location has to offer. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive consistency in service. I can assure you this has been addressed with our team so we can provide the most positive experience for each guest. We value your business, and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Kind regards,
South Hadley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

if you are visiting beautiful uptown Charlotte, you could not ask for a more convenient, central location. Our room was clean, and all of the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Great three- night stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
paula l ,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Charlotte City Center. We’re pleased to hear that our central location, clean accommodations, and friendly staff made for an enjoyable three night stay. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Sherry McWherter, General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte City Center? Share your experiences!