“Convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was at this hotel two weekends in a row for a training, and I also slept at the hotel the second weekend. Once I found it (there are two Marriotts in uptown, and the one-way and no-turn streets are TRICKY if you're unfamiliar with them), it was great. I was able to park my car in the deck, and leave it the whole weekend. There are fantastic restaurants, a CVS, and a Starbucks all within very easy walking distance. Being in the middle of uptown did make things a bit noisy, with street noise and sirens, but that's not a fault of the hotel. That's just a consequence of their location, plus I am a light sleeper. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The drink machine on our floor was out of order both weekends, but they have soda and snacks for sale in the lobby. Breakfast is not always included, but their little food place in the lobby has great breakfasts. I had delicious oatmeal with brown sugar, nuts, and dried fruit both mornings. Complementary coffee is set up in the lobby until 11. The staff is impressive at this hotel. Everyone was very helpful and easy to work with. Renee was especially helpful figuring out a solution to a logistics problem I had. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
LibbyO,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and greatly appreciate your kind review. We have an extraordinary staff so I’m glad you found them to be friendly and helpful. I’ll let Renee know that you mentioned her assistance in your review and make sure she receives an appropriate commendation for her outstanding service. Thanks again for recommending us to other viewers. We hope to see you again.

Sherry McWherter, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at this property for a weeklong conference at the convention center in July 2012. It is conveniently located between the convention center and a great outdoor restaurant/bar/shopping area downtown. It was close enough to everything that I did not need to rent a car. It was a flat $25 cab ride from the airport. The room was good size with a nice desk for working. I purchased the "stay and eat breakfast" package. I think it was only about $5 a day. This included a hot breakfast sandwich and a drink each morning in the lobby which was both good and very fast and convenient. I also ordered room service pecan-crusted trout one night that was very good. Lastly, I made use of the hotel gym which had a decent selection of equipment. I could not have stayed at a better place for the price.

Room Tip: gym and pool are on the first floor of rooms (above lobby)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
letsgo1984,

Thank you for staying with us during your conference and taking a moment to write about your stay on TripAdvisor. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our stay and eat breakfast package along with our room service entrée. I’m glad to know that your weeklong stay with us included visiting the many different venues in our area as well as our hotel gym for your fitness needs. We invite you to come and stay with us again soon.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and was reminded again why I continue to be loyal to the Marriott hotels. The entire staff attended to my needs but one in particular stood out to accommodate my requests, Saeid Dantism. He was pleasant, patient and resourceful...I needed to book another night stay in the same room last minute using my Marriott points and Saeid assisted me in accomplishing this with a willingness to serve me! I appreciate his attention to my needs and it helped my family to enjoy our trip even more. The rooms were clean, parking was secure and the location was great walking distance to many areas of interest. I would recommend this particular Marriott to anyone looking to stay in Charlotte.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Jon F,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about us on TripAdvisor. We’re delighted to hear that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and that our staff was particularly friendly and accommodating. I will mention your review to Saeid and make sure that he receives a proper commendation for his outstanding service. We appreciate your recommendation to future travelers and truly hope to have you and your family stay with us again.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is an excellent hotel that is located downtown and convenient to business, restaurants, and shops. Rooms are spacious, really clean, and security is not a concern. You need a pass key just access the elevators and floors. I would give this location a 5 star rating if there were better onsite dining options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Sandpower_S,
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are happy to have had you stay with us while visiting Charlotte. I appreciate your compliment about our Courtyard being an excellent hotel and letting others know of our spacious and clean rooms. We hope to see you again.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a night on the town in downtown Charlotte a few weeks ago. It is in a great location, close walking distance to most everything in downtown. The parking is nice too because there is no parking around, but they do charge extra for that. The hotel looks very nice, clean and inviting. However, the staff needs a lot of help. We arrived to check in at 6:30 well after the 3:00 check in time, and our rooms still weren't ready. We waited for over a half an hour only to be offered 1 room instead of 2 so we could change and get ready for dinner, and then tried to act like they did us a favor because the room was a corner suite. However, we wanted 2 rooms with 2 queen beds, not a king and a roll-away bed. Staffing is certainly an issue if they couldn't have gotten 2 rooms ready in almost the hour it took to get rooms after we sat waiting and then had to argue with the front desk about room assignments. Once we got to our rooms they were very nice, clean, comfortable beds. The only other thing I will say is that they do have window AC units that are either on or of and are loud, so if you're a light sleeper, be warned.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte City Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
ATCCSCS,
Thank you for your review of your stay. I am pleased that you found your room to be enjoyable. However, I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I look forward to your return visit with us so you can experience the true level of service and accommodations the Courtyard Charlotte City Center has to offer.

Fort Drum, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Well secured hotel in downtown Charlotte. My husband and I booked one night here and liked it so much, we booked an extra night. The hotel had several security points where you had to swipe you room key to access the hotel. It was a comfort knowing that the rooms could only be accessed by guests. The rooms were clean and there was plenty of space. They offered Ruth Chris room service with $20 min order. The exercise room served it's purpose. We saw the staff cleaning the pool while we were working out. We went out, walked around a bit and enjoyed that salt water pool all alone for HOURS!!!! We ended up having to stay another night but a room was not available for a third night. I would stay here ANYTIME!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
AMDubll,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again!
All the best,
Port Orchard, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Convenient to what we want to do, but beginning to show some age. I've stayed here for many years, but think the price is out of scale with what is offered.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Traveler_spouse,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and value all feedback. We hope you choose to continue to stay with us in the future and again, appreciate your feedback.

Sherry McWherter, General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte City Center? Share your experiences!