“Never Again!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Concord, North Carolina, United States
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Unfortunately I found this hotel to be more like a motel. The room that I stayed in was so filthy and the odor was so grand I had to move to another room. The pool was dirty to the point the staff advised me not to let the kids swim until they had it cleaned. The housecleaning staff took it upon themselves to help steal my 7 yr.old daughter Kindle Fire after I left it in the room. And the hotel manager then advised me he did not appreciate the fact I contacted corporate. He also told me after several attempts to get this matter resolved that he did not appreciate me for slandering his hotel. I had to file a police report

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Claverack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years, our most recent stay being 3 nights from the 16th-18th of May. The rooms and hotel in general have always been very clean. Service is good and the staff friendly. Breakfast is good but with somewhat less variety then other hotels in this chain. The area is nice and being next door to the mall means that restaurants and stores are convenient. We visit the Charlotte area once a year and this is our preferred place to stay. Our only complaint is that the pillows are rather poor. Not much body to them. If your are particular then I suggest you bring your own if possible. Don't know if others are available on request.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after a long days drive and I NEEDED a hot tub. The only one would have to be as part of a king suite. I was pleasantly surprised to learn the rate for the room. Naturally I jumped at the chance to have my own private hot tub at a fantastic rate. And then, we learned that they had complimentary snacks available until 7 PM. Snacks turned out to be an Italian dinner complete with garlic bread and a Merlot. WOW! And you can't beat the price. Our one night stay turned into three. Best experience from central Pennsylvania to Key West, Florida. Definitely on my list of hotels to return to.

• Stayed May 2013
Canton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very nice hotel, had a good experience with our grandchildren. For the breakfast bar need to add potatoes along with the eggs for the vegetarian guests. Pool is very good. Sean was ver helpful. Laundry area needs a bit more cleaning.

Room Tip: Hotel is very good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for our anniversary Feb 8. & the room was nice, The location is very convenient to Northlake Mall & restaurants. Clean room~no complaints what so ever and the rate was good for the whirlpool suite we had!! Kudos to the Comfort Suites!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the currently rated #1 hotel for Charlotte back in March and were completely unimpressed, especially since we paid almost $200 for the room for one night. When our travels brought us back to the Charlotte area, I found the Comfort Suites at a much more reasonable rate. I was skeptical, but I am so glad that I went with my instinct.

The hotel is a little further off the freeway, but not too hard to find. The hotel is clean and the staff members were extremely friendly. There were Otis Spunkmeyer cookies available at check in - YUM!

The room was nice and clean and the free Wi-Fi had a strong signal and unlike most hotels, was quite reliable. Breakfast in the morning was great. Waffles, yogurt, a bread station, along with fresh fruit and many choices for drinks. I would definitely stay here again if we need to return to Charlotte.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kingman, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

stayed here on business. The staff was great and friendly. The only disappointment was breakfast. The eggs were blah and the bacon was rubbery. The rooms also seemed a little bit dated although clean. The hotel was very quiet. Some might be put off by the location because it is tucked away in a corner but that means less traffic gping b. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Charlotte Northlake? Share your experiences!