“My dream wedding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge

You added The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge to your Saves list
The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10000 Ballantyne Commons Parkway, Charlotte, NC 28277 (Ballantyne East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, NC
“My dream wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Ever since I saw photos of weddings at Ballantyne, I knew I wanted to have my ceremony and reception there. It was the perfect place for our Old Hollywood theme. Our event manager was Alli and she was an absolute ANGEL!! She kept us so organized as far as payments, vendors, scheduling, and setting everything up. I could never say enough good things about Alli!
The food was absolutely amazing!!! Best food I've ever had at a wedding! The chef is brilliant. Our suite was so beautiful and the entire staff was so professional, accommodating, and kind! I literally had my dream wedding and I would recommend Ballantyne to anyone! Not just for a wedding but also to stay for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear kcshine234,

Thank you for hosting your wedding at The Ballantyne, and we are pleased we could play a role in making your dream wedding come to life. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding Alli, our chef and cuisine, accommodations and kind staff. Our team is dedicated to providing our brides with an exceptional experience every step of the way. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Peter Grills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Perfect for all seasons and all occasions. I've enjoyed being here for day trips, short and long overnight stays, spa, lounging and etc. Looking forward to coming back for more! Lovely, lovely place!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear sheila w,

Thank you visiting our hotel on multiple occasions and for sharing your feedback. We’re delighted you have enjoyed your experiences, as we work diligently to provide our guests with genuine hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here for a quick birthday trip. My husband had let them know it was both of our birthdays and had them get a flower arrangement and champagne for the room. Both were lovely. We went to sit in the lobby lounge in the evening and ended up staying for a light meal and drinks. The bartender Jessica was so wonderful and accommodating. She even surprised us with a small birthday treat. She made me the most amazing dessert martini of her own creation. It really was a highlight of the trip. We were able to enjoy the whirlpool and grotto pool in the morning followed by in-room breakfast which was fantastic. Overall, it was a great trip, and we enjoyed our nice quiet room very much.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear AmandaGrace,

Thank you for celebrating your and your husband’s birthdays with us at The Ballantyne. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for your compliments regarding Jessica and the dessert martini, indoor pool facilities, room service and accommodations. It was our pleasure to make your stay memorable, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've stayed at Ballantyne at least a couple of times a year for the past five years or so. As a Platinum SPG member, I've been upgraded more than half the time and the suites are very nice. They have a private living room with a pull out sofa, and a separate bedroom, each with a balcony overlooking the golf course.

The rooms are very modern, the bathrooms spacious, clean, new.

I've always had good service, the staff is very pleasant and friendly. One year, they asked for my children's names, and when we got back from dinner, had custom pillow cases with each of their names on them. A few years later, and my kids still have them and talk about that hotel.

The pool is very nice as well. I've never been there when it's crowded. I like that my kids can play and splash around without feeling like we are disturbing anyone, and when I've been there alone, it's very peaceful, a nice spot to relax. There's a bar at the pool as well, and wait staff come by frequently to take orders.

I took my girlfriend this past year and she spent a few hours in the spa and said the massage and services were wonderful.

I also like the location. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. There's also the golf course, which I've played about a half dozen times. It's a nice layout, never have played it when it's crowded, so pace of play has been good. Some fun holes, not overly difficult but a nice challenge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scott G,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge. We appreciate your kind words regarding our rooms, attentive staff, pool, spa, location and golf course. Our entire team is committed to providing our guests with exceptional service, and we’re delighted you have consistently experienced this. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed here with my wife in a suite to get away for a night. The hotel room furnishings are impeccable and the bed was extremely comfortable. We ordered room service breakfast in the morning and it was delivered very quickly and was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Even President Obama stayed here for the Democratic National Convention in 2012.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear MLEEUNDERWOOD,

Thank you for visiting us at The Ballantyne and for sharing your feedback. We are delighted that you and your wife had a wonderful stay and appreciate your kind words regarding our accommodations and room service. Our staff works diligently to provide our guests with remarkable stay experiences. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our organization chose the Ballantyne Hotel for a business event with 120 guest including executives of notable German and American corporations.

The Ballantyne event team did an excellent job - well organized, very flexible, friendly, and experienced. The food and wine was great, the service professional and discreet, and the whole event was very smooth.

It was an extraordinary experience for our guest and our organization as well. The feedback was nothing but positive and we will definitely return to the Ballantyne for future events.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear GACC S,

Thank you for choosing to host your corporate event at The Ballantyne and for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We are pleased that you and your guests had an extraordinary experience and value your compliments regarding our staff, food, wine and overall flow of event. Our team at The Ballantyne strives to provide our guests with memorable meeting and stay experiences, and we look forward to partnering with you on future events.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Beautiful spot for a conference or business meeting. Great conference facilities. Every business need provided by excellent and attentive staff. Hotel rooms are lovely. Food terrific. Great spa. Too cold to play golf but plenty to keep me busy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TheBallantyne, General Manager at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear wahini79,

Thank you for staying at The Ballantyne and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted you had an enjoyable visit and value your compliments regarding our hotel, meeting facilities, attentive staff, accommodations, cuisine and spa. At The Ballantyne, we are committed to providing our guests with wonderful stay experiences. Thank you for recommending our hotel for meetings and events, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Peter Grills

Been to The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge? Share your experiences!