“AWESOME WEEKEND GETAWAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge

Save Saved
You added The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge to your Saves list
The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10000 Ballantyne Commons Parkway, Charlotte, NC 28277 (Ballantyne East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
CONNECTICUT
“AWESOME WEEKEND GETAWAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

A wonderful place to stay whether traveling on business or for pleasure! The location is very close to anything you could want or need yet is set back enough to be quiet and relaxing. I can not say enough about the attentive staff and the level of service we experienced during our stay! Before our arrival I received an email asking if there were any special requests and or special needs we required. I did make two and both were promptly handled with no effort on my part at all! The check in process was easy and fast and we were promptly taken to our room by Nelson who not only took care of our luggage but also explained the many ammenities and features of our room and gave us an overview of the area. The room was spacious, spotless and well appointed. The bathroom was huge with a large garden tub and separate shower. They did not miss anything when designing these rooms! While we did not dine in the restaurants we did order room service twice. The food was perfectly prepared, promptly delivered with a smile and was delicious. The French Toast for breakfast was AMAZING! I would without a doubt stay here again when I visit the Charlotte area... it was a perfect experience in every way!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a balcony that overlooks the golf course ask as far in advance as possible a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear IMLISA,
Thank you for staying at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciate your compliments regarding our staff, service, accommodations and in-room dining. At The Ballantyne, we are committed to providing a truly exceptional experience. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My association -ANPA CAROLINAS had the end of year GALA NIGHT at this great Resort on DECEMBER 1,2012 as we did on DECMBER 10, 2011.
The organizational structure,the Professionalism of the staff involved with us,the excellent rooms and services for our members who stayed the night,decided my coming here to let the world know that whenever they are in Charlotte ,NC,they must give themselves the opportunity to be served at the Ballantyne Resort as its popularly called here in Charlotte.The rates for all services were very competitive too.Most of our members love the experience they had at the ballantyne Resort over the past two years.

DR BAMIDELE EKUNSANMI,CHAIRMAN ANPA CAROLINAS{2011-2012}

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Dr. Ekunsanmi,

Thank you for partnering with The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge on several events and taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased that you have had enjoyable experiences and appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff, accommodations, amenities and competitive rates. At The Ballantyne, we are committed to providing our guests with a truly exceptional stay experience. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope to work with you again soon.

NY/NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was lucky enough to find this great hotel while heading to Charlotte on short notice.

I enjoyed the hotel (and the rate) so much that I stayed an extra two nights. The rooms are very spacious, with high quality linens, bedding, etc. In addition, they use quality products such as Remede.

The Spa is worth trying but I felt the prices were a bit steep. Regardless, the Spa services were great. In addition, the food was very good and room service was extremely helpful, as we have two small children.

I looked at all the other hotels in Charlotte and no other hotel came close in quality for the price I paid.

This is not a five star or Outstanding hotel, but it is a solid 4 star and Very Good.

Not to be pretentious, just honest, but I think calling it "exquisite" means you need to leave the house a little more. Regardless of my opinion, the hotel is a solid and safe bet to please.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear KMKC08,

Thank you for staying at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be of good value. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our accommodations, amenities, spa services and in-room dining. Our hotel is dedicated to providing our guests with a comfortable and memorable stay experience. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a very nice stay. I wish every stay at a hotel was like this. The rooms are clean and pleasant. The staff was exceptional to say the least. I wasn't able to experience the hotel amenities available but they have plenty if your looking for a nice break away from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear SunnyTguru,

Thank you for staying with us at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased you had an enjoyable visit and appreciate you positive comments regarding our accommodations and staff. At The Ballantyne, we are committed to providing our guests with an exceptional experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were in Charlotte for a wedding. Most of the guests stayed downtown but my wife and I and another couple opted for the Ballantyne. We had a beautiful room with a balcony overlooking the golf course. To staff was courteous and attentive, My wife and sister-in-law both said the spa was wonderful, My brother and I played the golf course twice, and thought that it was well maintained, and challenging. The pro shop staff was both friendly and accommodating. The food in the hotel was excellent, but there are also dozens of other options within a few minutes of the hotel.
It is also very convenient to much of the shopping in Charlotte

Room Tip: Golf Course views are the preferred rooms, and I would also recommend a balcony when the weather is...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Jim M,

Thank you for staying with us at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your compliments regarding our accommodations, staff, spa, golf and cuisine. At The Ballantyne, we are dedicated to providing our guests with an exceptional and memorable stay experience. Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel over night and my first impression was the beautiful Christmas decorations that were done to perfection. However, the lasting impression I will always have were the people who greeted me from that evening and in the morning. My room was clean to perfection and the decor in the bathroom created a nice, warm atmosphere. Upon my departure from my hotel room, I was greeted with a cheerful good morning from the maid. After a stressful week, I needed to hear that. To the staff at Ballantyne...thanks for the memories!!!

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear SewingPro,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable visit and appreciate your compliments regarding our Christmas décor, warm service and accommodations. At The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge, we strive to provide our guests with truly memorable and relaxing experiences. Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

As a Christmas present, our daughter gave my husband and me a night's stay, including golf for him and a spa package for me. We had a wonderful time. My husband received great service at the clubhouse and enjoyed the course very much. My time in the spa was a real pleasure. For us, it made for a a perfect getaway, right here in our own city!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Sally T,
Thanks for staying with us at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for sharing your experience. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your visit and value your kind comments regarding our hotel, golf, spa and service. Our team is dedicated to providing our guests with an exceptional stay experience, and we especially want our local guests to feel like they truly got away! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Hotel Management

Been to The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge? Share your experiences!