“Not worth the money anymore” 2 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6300 Morrison Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28211 (Barclay Downs)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Atlanta, GA
“Not worth the money anymore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

This hotel was a fabulous place to stay until this past year. We stay here every Thanksgiving and during the summer. Last summer the issues began was placing us is a room that was never cleaned. Housekeeping simple made the beds and emptied the trash. Dirty sheets, found condoms, light bulbs out, etc. They were very kind, refunded our money, and sent us a voucher for one free night. We arrived Wednesday to a room that smelled like a wet dog, so the front desk gave us a different room. The carpet was soaked due to broken airconditioning, the kitchen floor was wet due to the refrigerator plug coming loose and defrosting, and the beds were never made. Room service put towels on the dining table and never cleaned. I asked the night supervisor if housekeeping quit cleaning and he simply said no. When I told him our room was not cleaned, he simply said,"Oh, huh." If I am paying $ 200 per night, I deserve a clean room and service. The maintenance staff is incredible and very nice, but obviously the housekeeping staff needs major improvement! What a shame!

Room Tip: The second floor is very run down. Request the upper floors
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
SouthParkSuites, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for your candid feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I'm so sorry you experienced inconveniences during your stay. We did, indeed, have some challenges, including a few of our air conditioning units, that caused for some equipment failure. It is clear we had some housekeeping issues take place that we will address with our team members based on your valuable information. We will identify and correct these steps.

I'm happy and excited to report that the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Charlotte SouthPark is about to undergo a major renovation to our spacious guest suites, meeting rooms, restaurant & lounge and public areas. These enhancements will be quite significant. We hope you will return and experience us again, for the "first time" after our transformation.

Joanie Kastl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

The refrigerator was so loud that I had to unplug it, this was after maintenance spent over an hour in my room working on it. When the AC unit came on, it sounded like a freight train. When I checked into the room the toilet was clogged, and instead of housekeeping dealing with the problem the next day, they just put the lid down - hum. The smell of body odor outside the elevator lobby on the first floor on the way up to the fourth was overwhelming and never went away during my three days. I wasn't offered another room, and no apologies were given by the staff as though the issues were my problem to deal with. I travel weekly and by far and above this is the worst stay I've had in years. I'm sure the hotel will be better when the update comes, but I don't see the service improving. If you like the location, I'm sure the Marriott across the street is much better.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
SouthParkSuites, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for your candid report on your recent stay. First and foremost, I want to personally apologize for the inconveniences you had with your guest suite. I can assure you, this is not our practice and, in fact, we go out of our way to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible, at every turn. We will certainly address this with our staff to see where the breakdown was. Rest assured, we will use this for continued coaching and training with our teams.

With our all-suite, full-service hotel, in the heart of SouthPark, next door to many fine restaurants and shops including SouthPark Mall, the city's most prestigious shopping center, we feel we have a great hotel, service and location to offer to our guests. In addition, we are, indeed, about to embark on a major renovation which we plan to have completed by March 2012. This will greatly enhance our spacious suites, meeting space and public areas.

Once again, I truly apologize for our not living up to your expectations. I invite you to contact me personally, or my Director of Sales, Gloria Mella, to assist you, when your plans bring you back to Charlotte. We feel most confident you will have a very different experience.

Very sincerely,

704-927-0050

Gloria Mella
Director of Sales
704-927-0045
Glen Ridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed here for work. The proximity to the mall was great. The conference rooms were nice as was the bar. The room was very large with a kitchen, living room and bedroom. The standard Hilton bed was very comfortable. Now to the negative points. The hallways had divits in them when you walked I felt like I was going to fall through. The carpets in the rooms had large stains, the housekeeper never cleaned the razor clippings behind the sink from the last person that stayed in the room (gross) and there was some mold on the sink. Also the floor configuration was really weird.

They have pictures up on what the renovation will look like and I can't wait until it is done so I can go back. However I will not go back until that is done.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
We sincerely thank you for your thoughts and experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear you loved our location and great proximity to SouthPark Mall, the city's most prestigious shopping center in Charlotte - and it's right in our backyard! Glad to hear, also, that you enjoyed our spacious suites and our meeting space.

We truly understand there are components to our hotel in need of updating and enhancements. That is why we are embarking in just a few weeks on a major renovation that will greatly enhance our entire hotel, from our spacious guest suites to the public space, throughout the hotel. We are most excited about these dramatic improvements.

We truly hope you will stay with us again when your plans bring you to Charlotte so you can experience our "new hotel".

Very sincerely,

Auburn, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We arrived last night and are here for a week. We are staying in a two room suite. Yes it is in need of an update, but they are getting ready for this and it is not like they are trying to hide this fact. They should have a little lower price until they remodel, but that is everyones choice to pay to stay i guess. Our first room did have some issues like a dripping shower, and we were next to the elevator that seemed to go up and down all night, they bed seemed to have a lean to it. So my wife went to the desk this morning and they moved us to another room. We had a little issue with the shower head which they came and replaced it with a new one within thirty minutes, and a little problem the door card reader. They were prompt and fixed the issue immediately. The front desk and the Maintinace guys were very helpful, understaning and polite. I can't thank them enough. Not fond that internet is not free, and no breakfast, but I knew this coming here. Oh, I did notice that shortly after we switched rooms, the maintinance men were in working on that room also. So, as I said in the first part of my long winded review, they are working on a remodel, but it is still clean, the beds are still comfortable, and the staff are very nice. I bet when they are done with the remodel you will never hear negatives, except for the internet and breakfast "Hint! Hint!" I do believe I will enjoy the rest of our stay, and will let you all know otherwise if not.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid comments. We are delighted to hear you found our team to be very accommodating as that is ALWAYS our first goal!

I am most excited to confirm that we are about to embark on a major renovation to our guest suites, meeting space and public areas. We will have this completed by the end of March 2012.

I know you will be most impressed with all of our signifcant enhancements. Please visit with us again when your plans bring you back to Charlotte.

Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my third stay at this hotel and I have always been happy with the overall quality of the property. However, it is starting to show its age and needs some updating. Apparently that is in the works but not sure of when it is scheduled to begin.

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower are quiet and overlook the park
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

About 25 family members stayed here for our family reunion. They did a nice job of setting up our rooms and the catered meal was delicious.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed here 5 night for a conference. The rooms are spacious and fully appointed (large fridge, cooker, microwave), the bed was very conmfortable, the staff were helpful, and the bar was great. And the cost was very low compared to other hotels. Thde only very minor downside was that the carpets could do with a clean or replacement. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside, overlooking gthe courtyard, are the best. Get one with a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark? Share your experiences!