Stayed here one night due to flight cancellation at Charlotte airport. Was here for the same reason when it was a Hyatt place a few years ago. The price seemed kind of high, but everything else was booked due to numerous weather delays that evening. The hotel has a free airport shuttle, but I didn't call the hotel until 12:20, and the shuttle stops running at 12:00...the taxi ride was $17.00--Think he took me the long way.
Regardless of that, the front desk staff were polite and efficient. Got in my room pretty quickly, found it to be fashinable and comfortable. There's a mini kitchen and a large sectional sofa in the living area if you have time to relax. I had a very restful sleep after a long day (night) of travelling. I heard zero noise.
The best part about the hotel is the breakfast--lots of choices: fruit, pastries, juices, many hot items, and good coffee. The shuttle driver made a special trip for me to get back to the airport on the half-hour--they usually run only on the hour. That made up for the issue the night before.
I think I like this design better than the Hyatt Place concept--less trendy, more comfy. I would stay here again if I'm in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring a visitor-friendly city center known as Uptown and numerous corporate headquarters, North Carolina's largest city is quickly becoming a top destination for both business and leisure travelers. With several large universities, thrilling theme parks, opportunities for outdoor recreation and shopping parks, Charlotte is an exciting destination. Relax and enjoy our outdoor pool, open seasonally and weather permitting. Our newly renovated, upscale, extended stay hotel in Charlotte is conveniently situated for vacation, corporate and government travelers. HYATT house(R) Charlotte Airport hotel is newly renovated and conveniently located in the center of a Fortune 500 corridor, just six miles from downtown and the Charlotte Convention Center. Our friendly Charlotte Airport hotel offers travelers access to popular tourist destinations including Carowinds Amusement Park, Lynx- Charlotte's Light Rail, Billy Graham Library, Discovery Place, Spirit Square Center for the Arts, Bank of America Stadium and Charlotte Motor Speedway. For the business traveler, we're centrally located to the corporate offices for Wells Fargo/Wachovia, Bank of America, AT&T and US Airways. Ideally located for all types of travelers, our hotel in Charlotte is a top choice for your next trip to North Carolina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your HYATT house Charlotte Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Charlotte Airport Hotel Charlotte
- Hyatt Charlotte Airport
- Summerfield Suites Charlotte
- Charlotte Hyatt
- Charlotte Summerfield Suites