“Charlotte Favorite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Charlotte Airport

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Charlotte Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Charlotte Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4920 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28217 (Formerly Summerfield Suites Hotel by Wyndham)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park.Stay.Fly
Ranked #36 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
LEXINGTON
“Charlotte Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have stayed here several times. It is my favorite Charlotte hotel. Good price for a 1 bedroom suite w/big HD tv, dvd player, free internet, free parking and great free breakfast unlike many of the downtown hotels I have had to stay at. A little further out but worth it. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nina S, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Regards,

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Millbrook, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling with cash & were told they only take credit cards. We are trying to cut down use of cc, but agreed b/c we were tired. We requested King bed but walked in to find Queen. Had to call front desk & wait 45 min. in hot hallway to be transferred to another room. Then tv didn't work in 2nd room, had to call front desk again. Found long black hairs all over room (shower wall, floor, inside folded towels). Room also had musty smell. Not at all what I expected from Hyatt.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
My apologies regarding your last stay here with us, what you experienced with us is most definitely not our standard of service. Please contact me here at the hotel directly so we can discuss your stay and see how we can make this right for you. 704-525-2600.

Best regards,

Cranston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt on the last night of our vacation. It was the PERFECT hotel to stay in as it was near the airport (with shuttle). The hotel room was wonderful in that there was a bedroom and small living area to unwind and relax. There is also a shuttle service that will take you to a restaurant within 3 miles of the hotel and then pick you up when ready. The breakfast was one of the best that we had as part of the hotel package.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nina S, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank yoiu for your review of our hote, we appreciate the feedback we recieve from our guests. We look forward to seeing yiou the next time you come to Charlotte.

Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I'm a Hyatt Diamond member and have stayed at many, many properties around the world. This hotel is--by far--the worst Hyatt I've ever experienced. The lobby is nice, but that is where it ends. The hallways are dingy and there is a lingering smell of rancid smoke and old carpet. The rooms, while spacious, have low ceilings and are dark, and the most outdated beige decor. The sinks were old and cracked, the shower and tub discolored. The whole thing gives the impression of dirt. The sheets were not Hyatt's usual quality--they were actually scratchy. Two of the three phones in my suite were broken, the walls were thin. You couldn't call the desk, but could hear EVERY voice in the hallway. There was not enough lighting. The sofa was such a strange color that I was afraid to sit on it. As soon as I walked into my room, I wanted to cry. Indeed, I immediately called (on my cell phone because the room phones didn't work) the other Hyatts in the area to escape this one--but was unable to change due to some special event that caused all the other hotels to be booked. When I complained to the manager, she offered me a pitiful number of Hyatt points as a way of apologizing then said she hoped I'd come back after the renovations! Renovate? Nope. I think Hyatt better tear this one down and start all over again. I gave it 2 stars only because the people at the desk were nice while saying how sorry they were that the hotel wasn't up to expectations. Oh, and the internet worked (that was a surprise given how broken down everything else was). If you came to only this hotel and thought that it represented the brand, you'd probably never stay at Hyatt again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Nina S, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we truly value your input. We strive to make all aspects of your stay pleasant and I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I am sorry that condition of the hotel was not up to your standards. We will be fully renovating in the fall from our Guest House, Guest Rooms, Outdoor Patio, and our Food and Beverage options. I am happy you were pleased with the internet and service by our front desk. Please keep us in mind the next time you come to town, we promise that we will keep the hotel clean and friendly for you!
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Walking into the Hyatt House will give you the impression that you were walking into a luxurious hotel. Until we went into room 131 which is in need of an overhaul. The door had scratches and paint peelings. Carpet was stained, shower head coming out of wall and the couch was no longer beige. Inside the old closets there were holes. So much I can say but the only thing nice was breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I just had a very good experience at this hotel and am already going back next week for an extended stay.

The design of the rooms at Hyatt House allow for more sunlight than the design for many other hotels (including Hyatt Place) and that makes it very attractive to me. Moreover, my room was spotlessly cleaned and the kitchen had everything I needed to cook and skip yet another restaurant meal. As a frequent business traveler, THIS is a little bit closer to a home away from home.

The wireless internet worked without interruptions or hiccups and the TV simply worked... no need to fiddle with deep menus focused on selling me additional channels or services like at most hotels (including other Hyatt brands). I don't want to deal with those things after a long day of travel or work.

The building interiors for this particular property do need a little bit of maintenance and updating but everything in my room worked well. The pool, basketball court, and exterior of the property were all in excellent condition.

Finally, Carol at the front desk is simply a riot! She provides excellent customer service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there as part of their park & fly package. We had a 2 room suite which was wonderful. They offer parking for 7 days, shuttle service to & from the airport. Their evening social was nice & the offerings change daily. Breakfast was more than we had hoped for with cheese omelets, sausage etc. Carol @ the front desk couldn't have been nicer & she was so helpful . There is nothing bad I could say about this hotel ! I would highly recommend staying here & I will most likely stay here again.....heck I just may stay here without needing to fly anywhere !

• Stayed April 2012

Been to HYATT house Charlotte Airport? Share your experiences!