“Carolina Pulled Pork Was Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
“Carolina Pulled Pork Was Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had the Carolina pulled pork plate, delicious. Some of the best, or the best smoked pork I've ever had. Had the creamed corn as a side. It was fabulous. Came with hushpuppies and pickled onions which were both also delicious. Was in town on business, great atmosphere. Nice selection of local brews on tap.

• Visited March 2014

CHARLOTTE
“Husband's favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I'm not a big meat eater so I've defined bbq as "not meat" so that I can eat it whenever I have a chance! Midwood is terrific. We usually get a big combo plate that allows us to share ribs, pulled pork, bbq chicken and sometimes sausage or brisket. My one complaint, and the reason I didn't give this 5 stars is that they used to offer a grilled vegetable plate- pig pieces of grilled peppers, onions and other vegetables. It allowed me to have a meal of fabulous vegetables while using some of the meat my husband ordered as garnish! Still, a good place; the service is good and friendly, the portions are good, the value is good. It's always a winner--we've never had a bad meal here. Oh, they provide a choice (you get them all) of different bbq sauces; I prefer NC vinegar based, some like the sweet Miss. style and then there's mustard style (my least favorite). Something for any bbq preference.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte,NC
“tried a cuban at a bbq restaurant...it was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I broke a rule and ate a Cuban in a place that you would not normally choose to eat one, but it was good. Made with bbq so it made it non-traditional but tasty. Sides were good and would go back to try the bbq.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury, North Carolina
“excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Probably the best beef brisket that i have ever had. Everything we ordered was obviously freshly made and delicious.

• Visited March 2014
Charlotte
“Great pulled pork, brisket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We first discovered Midwood when it was the provider for a catered party. Was so good, used it for a work event. Was a great success. We've then eaten there multiple times. Pulled pork is great, as is the beef brisket (get the mix of fatty and lean). Sauces are superb. The turkey can be a bit dry, and I think others have better ribs. Staff have always been pleasant and positive.

• Visited November 2013