“Delicious food & excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Asbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 2,008 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Street
Description: With its warm service and artistic food presentation, The Asbury puts a sophisticated spin on the local food movement and traditional Southern dishes. Led by rising-star Executive Chef Chris Coleman, The Asbury is a tribute to Charlotte's southern roots and the culturally diverse community of the New South. There is a strong tie to heirloom ingredients native to the area and specialty items grown by small, family farms throughout the local region. Located on the corner of N. Tryon & 6th Streets at the heart of Charlotte's cultural district, it's only fitting that the restaurant features local art curated in collaboration with McColl Center for Art + Innovation. Open seven days a week and serving the longest weekend brunch in Charlotte. Complimentary two-hour parking available in the Fifth Third parking garage accessible from 6th and Church Streets.
“Delicious food & excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

We are in Charlotte for the weekend. We stumbled upon The Ashbury for brunch Saturday morning. The staff was very accommodating (we had our two young kids with us). The food was absolutely delicious! We ordered the lil bits appetizer and our waiter brought extra deviled eggs so everyone could have one. My daughter loved that! I would highly recommend this restaurant.

John B, General Manager at The Asbury, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear TiffanyK19,
We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your brunch experience! Isn't it great to go to a restaurant where the service team wants your kids to have a great experience, too? We hope you'll join us again when you return to Charlotte.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“What an amazing experience in freshness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

My husband and I went for lunch today and I have to say this was the absolute best lunch I have had in uptown Charlotte, period. Everything was so fresh, so flavorful, and so beautiful we didn't know whether to eat or photograph. I am glad we decided to eat though, because the flavor was incredible. We had appetizers, a sandwich and the little bits dessert. It was all so well prepared and I could not help but bring my leftovers home with me. I wish my stomach had more room. I will be returning here often. I want to see if my coworkers will come experience this place. Ah-mazing! You will not be disappointed and the prices were very reasonable for such a fresh and well prepared meal.

Special note: I found out that any of the sandwiches they can prepare on a bed of greens instead of bread for us gluten avoiding guests. They can make any special accommodations for your diet needs and I was very appreciative of that as it can be really hard to find good food for a special diet.

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John B, General Manager at The Asbury, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Raechelann,
Thank you for your kind comments! Our menu changes seasonally to ensure you always receive the freshest food from our local farms. And we're always happy to help accommodate dietary allergies and preferences. We hope to see you again soon!

New York City, New York
“Saturday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

Chef Coleman is doing great things here. One of the best meals I have had in Charlotte. I went in for brunch on the day of the St. Patty's parade. While everyone else was getting rained on, a group of us were having a most delicious brunch. Having just revised the menu we were in for a treat. The chef also brought out a sampler tray for us (VIP treatment since we had the place to ourselves) that included confit chicken lettuce cups, sticky biscuits (A MUST TRY) and the south's version of lox--smoked trout.
I had the deviled shrimp and grits which was full of flavor.
They also had a very nice bloody mary bar. I have heard they MIGHT be doing a bottomless mimosa soon. This can only add to the experience.

• Visited March 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John B, General Manager at The Asbury, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Dear MissMartya,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience. We hope to see you again when your travels return you to Charlotte.

North Carolina
“Good food, service and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

We chose this restaurant because it is across the street from the Blumenthal Theatre and we had enjoyed the Harvest Moon Cafe that it replaced. The decor has been modernized with a slightly metal sensibility and seating is comfortable. We had 5:30 p.m. reservations and arrived to find the place nearly completely full with people like us dining before going to the theatre. Service was top notch in every respect from the hostess to waiters. My wife had the vegetarian dinner and I the lamb shoulder. Both were nicely presented and quite tasty. I thought the lamb was slightly bland, but my wife was very impressed with her vegetarian plate. They offer good quality wines as well. Although we live out of town, I assume this restaurant to be a prime stop for theatre customers--very good quality and convenient location (also in a super funky old Charlotte hotel, the Dunhill).

• Visited March 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
John B, General Manager at The Asbury, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Dear mjmalbion,
Thanks for letting us know that we hit the mark for you on your meal, selections, and service. We hope to see you again soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Delicious Brunch! One of my new favorites in Charlotte.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

We went at about 1:00pm on a Saturday for brunch and there was no problem getting a table, which is actually surprising considering how good the food was. With a nice selection of both breakfast (chicken and waffles, grits etc) and lunch (croque monsieur, salads) there is something for everyone. We each had coffee, which is endless, and shared the deviled eggs and skillet biscuit with bacon jam. We also got the chicken and waffles and market salad with hot fried chicken on top. All of it was very tasty. Service was attentive and friendly. We look forward to going back soon as this is going to have be put on our regular brunch rotation.

John B, General Manager at The Asbury, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Dear _Elizzybeth_Travels_,
What an honor to be placed on your brunch list! Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.