“Very interesting combo and worth the visit” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bethesda, Maryland
“Very interesting combo and worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The service was excellent at this restaurant. I arrived right at lunch hour and was able to grab a seat outside even though it was super busy. Lots of interesting rolls and burgers leaving the kitchen- all looked very tasty. I settled on a few rolls which were all excellent. The servers help guide all newbies through the menu and are happy to make recommendations.

The menu is so extensive, it's almost overwhelming!

It's well worth the visit. Go with friends or a group so you can all try various rolls and dishes.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing Presentation - Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had the lobster and crab spring rolls. The presentation was amazing, beautiful so I expected a taste explosion. I was disappointed. The rolls were just missing flavour.
I decided on burgushi and again the presentation was great but taste was lacking. My husband got a bento box that included a slider. It was tasty so I assumed their burgers are probably better than what we ordered.
Grilled Cheese bento boxes for the kids with fries that were yummy and a rice puck with a happy face - another great touch of presentation.
I also had a cake shake which was good.
I may recommend for the presentation, but get a burger instead of something else.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sanibel Island, Florida
“BEST sushi/burger menu in Charlotte!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place is tucked into an upscale highrise on the SouthPark Mall property. It is separate of the mall and there is parking right out front or very near. It is an incredible find that is worth going to. I live in Uptown and choose to eat here whenever on business or errands. I would even drive here and leave my Uptown abode just to eat such high quality food. The presentations are second to none.

The menu has just been tweaked and some of the prices are on the high side. However, for the quality and portions, well worth it. There are moderately priced items and combinations, too. What makes this place unique is the melange' of sushi creations and burger/sandwich items. In my opinion, any item is good. This management succeeds in providing sushi/sashimi for even the fussiest foodie and burgers/sandwiches for everyone. It works! They have an edge like no other.

I tried a new item on today's visit. A sushi roll with generous chunks of lobster on the inside, prime (rare) filet mignon' layered on top and crispy portabello garnishing the top. Wow! I have never had portabello that is crisped with a blow torch. It was so healthy and reminded me of bacon. It was not cheap ($20@) and worth every penny. It was more than enough for a meal.

My usual meal is a Bento Box and you get a mini gourmet cheeseburger, sweet potato fries, Thai cucumber salad, edamame and your choice of a maki roll. It is a fabulous value and a gourmet choice compared to most sushi establishments.

The staff is attentive, accomodating and professional. I prefer to go during off hours because the place is packed for dinner. Expect to wait. The best time is lunch and late afternoon. They have outdoor seating that is fantastic on a nice evening. Frankly, I prefer the bar for fast, friendly service. All of the bartenders are great but my fave is Drew who goes out of his way and remembers faces and names. A true asset to this establishment.

This place deserves accolades and I will continue to go here everytime I am in SouthPark. Skip the normal chain restaurants and food courts. Go here for your fix and enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious, great atmosphere and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I love having a date night at cow fish! The food is absolutely delicious and never disappoints. Staff is very friendly and always prompt with service, nice place to eat!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Florence, South Carolina
“We finally got in!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

After attempting to have dinner here a few times and being offended by such a long wait, we decided to go for a late lunch/early dinner at 4pm, and we had the place to ourselves. The seating outside makes for a nice atmosphere.

Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu, which is overwhelmingly large. Since it was our first time, we elected to order Bento Boxes, which is a good way to sample several things. The boursin/bacon burger was SO tasty. The cucumber salad mixture was also really good. My shrimp tempura sushi were pretty good, not outstanding, but large. I'm certain that there are better sushi rolls on the menu, and lots that are more imaginative.

We will return to Cowfish, provided that it's not at the height of the lunch or dinner rush. Our experience was quite good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food