“Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Paco's Tacos & Tequila is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,968 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Roxborough
ballen7
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Some coworkers took me here a few months back and I've been talking about it ever since. The food was really amazing. I plan to go back for my birthday in a couple of weeks. This is the one and only thing I want for my birthday! LOL I am originally from TX and am so hard to please when it comes to mexican but I finally found it. I wish it was more convenient of a location for me but will make the effort to go once in a while. The food is so fresh and full of flavor. The tortillas on the enchiladas were wonderful. Can't wait to try them again!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Johns Creek, Georgia
“Birthday party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went with co-workers for birthday party. Party of 15 and all had good time and good food. Some interesting drinks and fresh food.

Visited December 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Recently went with friends for a birthday celebration and what a great time was had by all. The servers were very accommodating and patient with our crowd. We started off with the "quac", which was made right at our table--good presentation and was devoured by all. It seems that most of us got a different entrée which we shared with each other. The tacos were tasty and each stood out in it's own way, it was hard to choose a favorite. The black beans had a pleasing taste and the value for the food was reasonable. A great place to laugh and enjoy friends !!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stephanie K, Guest Relations Manager at Paco's Tacos & Tequila, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We will pass on your feedback to the rest of the Paco's team and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.
All the Best,
Stephanie
Charlotte, North Carolina
“a treat to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

While we didn't partake of any tequila, there's no question that Paco's tacos are delicious, The selection of Southwestern foods is broad and they all sound quite appetizing. My boyfriend picked two tacos, both involving beef of some sort; he had high praise. I ended up getting an open-faced pork quesadilla that was very tasty. The complimentary salsa is spicy and delicious and the freshly made guacamole is a must-have. Service was prompt and our waitress was friendly and eager to please. This is a truly terrific place and I only gave it four stars rather than five because there just so happens to be another taco place in Charlotte that I find superior.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte
“Fun atmosphere, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is one of those restaurants you might easily overlook if you're visiting Charlotte. Tucked away adjacent to South Park Mall, it's not easily visible from the road. But Paco's Taco stands out with its food. This is Southwest style food that hits the mark, with ample portions and decent value. While you can order three tacos, you'll probably want to go with only two. They are well stuffed. Make a reservation via Open Table to save yourself any waiting time on a table. It's a great place to hit if you're shopping at South Park or want to make a brief drive from the uptown area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere