“Thai tasteful....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #755 of 1,940 restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Randolph Road
Transit: CATS service within 100 yards of restaurant.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Thai tasteful....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Am a Thai aficionado and pride myself in being able to spot a genuinely true gaeng daeng - red curry - a mile off. Well that is what hit me the minute I walked in the door of Blue Basil Cafe. Oh, no, wait! I'm talking about the place called Basil on 5th (or is it 6th?) Street in Uptown Charlotte. Location a bit awkward. Ideally you just walk there, but why don't I continue my critique on the right place. Heehee.

Visited March 2013

54% Recommend
Charlotte
“Decent food, but the menu is boring...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have been to Blu Basil a few times. The food is ok, but lacking in variety. Wish they would be more "out of the box" Italian. The menu is very safe - typical cafe food. Maybe if they had some creative specials, I will be back. I wanted to take my girlfriend there for her birthday as a suggestion, but she was saying as I was... once you order one thing on the menu, it is like you ordered any other thing. We have been there 3 times and whatever we order, pretty much tastes the same. I guess you could call it consistancy, but I call it boring. I probably won't be back for a long time, until I want a panini.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We Had the special mojito and french toast and bloody mary. Everything was great! Will be back for more!

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Great food and staff. I liked everything about the place. Its quaint and definitely a neighborhood gem

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Love Blu Basil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am a frequesnt visitor of Blu Basil. Great food, cooked fresh. Great gellato made in house daily. Staff couldn't be any kinder and the atmosphere is refreshingly relaxing. This is exactly what the Cotswold area needed. While it can be a bit pricey, they do a good job offering promos and discounts if you sign up for their Blu basil Card. Free entree's on your b-day or anniversary and other discounts is what you can expect. After a recent remodel this place is one of my favorites....

• Visited April 2012