“Excellent Hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Charlotte Center City

You added HYATT house Charlotte Center City to your Saves list
HYATT house Charlotte Center City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   435 E Trade St, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Charlotte Center City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #9 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent Hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I rented the whole 7th floor for a 40th birthday celebration. The rooms were very clean and modern. I loved the decor in the lobby. This hotel is in a great location for enjoying uptown Charlotte. I worked with Elisa for the whole process and she was extremely helpful!! I would stay again and recommend this hotel to anybody I know!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so much for staying here, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your 40th birthday!
Please come back again, we would be happy to host you and your group again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. It is located just steps away from the Time Warner Cable Arena. I was able to purchase inexpensive tickets to a Bobcats game and spent my evening eating dinner watching a great game. I was traveling alone, but felt very comfortable walking to the arena by myself. The hotel has everything a business traveler needs, including a fabulous breakfast.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, and you got to see the Bobcats while they are on their playoff run!
Thank you so much for your kind review, please come back an see us again.
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

A new hotel in Charlotte, good walking access for center city. Impressed by the friendly, helpful front desk with a block of 20 rooms, got fast help to arrange taxis for travel, and good suggestions for local resources. Enjoyed the 1-bedroom suite, small bedroom/bathroom but spacious living area with full kitchen, great windows and lots of light made it wonderful for business travel. No noise from hallway, heavy door, and quiet walls allowed restful sleep. Nice large standing shower in the bathroom, I'm a big fan of the shaving mirror and sink space.

Breakfast in the morning had a decent spread, fresh omelette station and nice coffee & tea. Would absolutely stay here again! A welcome change from the old massive indoor atrium concept Hyatt hotels. Nice job, Hyatt!

Room Tip: Corner suites have huge windows in both bedroom and living room and great light exposure.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and for bringing your group to our hotel! We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Raleigh Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a concert at The Fillmore. The location is perfect for events at the Time Warner Cable Pavilion - it is actually 'attached' to the arena. It's also a great location for events downtown/center city. The hotel seems recently refurbished and the rooms are comfortable and clean but nothing special. The service is great - we arrived late night and everyone was very helpful. The breakfast buffet is included in the price and it's a full, hot breakfast. We will stay here again if we come back to Charlotte for events.

Room Tip: Higher floors for quieter rooms and better views
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope you do come back for your next event here in Charlotte!
Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were in town for a concert and chose this hotel due to the proximity of the concert venue. I was completely satisfied with the hotel. It was clean, the staff was more than pleasant, and the food at breakfast was more than expected. I would be glad to return to this hotel anytime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please come back for the next concert, or any other time you are in Charlotte!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I visited the Hyatt House during CIAA 2014 week, doing media coverage. I stayed 6 nights and 7 days in their deluxe king suite , so I really got a glimpse of their overall services. First, their hotel is very nice. I traveled with my husband and 2 toddlers so although the hotel is not the most "family friendly" atmosphere, it certainly came with the amenities needed to make my family comfortable. The decor is very sleek and modern and carries a trendy and upscale theme throughout the entire property. Our suite, as I stated earlier, came with several amenities a family of my size needed for such a long visit: a full kitchen complete with a cooktop stove, microwave, full refrigerator and plenty of dishes and flatware. I personally appreciated the granite countertops and, being almost 9 months pregnant, the extremely comfortable king size bed. Let's talk about the staff: Housekeeping is great. They were very helpful yet not pushy. The valet staff probably left the biggest impression on me. What a team! They were a group of very courteous, polite young men who treat the guests first class. I must give an honorable mention to Michael, who went above and beyond for me. During my first days there, I noticed that he was very polite which made me determined to visit an ATM and grab cash to tip him. But later on in the week I had taken my toddlers out for a trip to Target. When I returned I had only a few heavy bags and asked Michael to grab a luggage cart so I could use it to take my grocery bags to my room, again because I'm so far along in pregnancy. When Michael saw that all I had was a few bags, he ditched the cart and said he'd bring them in for me. Although I was appreciative, I assumed that he'd help me to the lobby and I was on my own from there seeing as how they were slammed with CIAA traffic outside. But I was wrong, Michael escorted me all the way up to the 16th floor and helped me to my room with my children and bags. That type of help goes beyond "good customer service", he was My angel that day (hmmm, no wonder his name is Michael. Look at God!!) After that, I made it my business to generously tip him and right this review. I certainly hope that the General Manager takes good care of employees like Michael, the valet and the housekeeping staff at the Hyatt House. (The Front Desk staff could use a little coaching though). All in all, a great stay!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less street noise during busy events uptown.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy to hear that Michael took such good care of you while you are here. Please feel free to contact us, I would love to discuss some of the issues you had with our front desk so we can make sure they are offering the same level of service you got from valet and housekeeping.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The staff in the hotel is very friendly. Ordered room service at 0200 and it was delivered promptly and was delicious. The breakfast in the mornings was excellent and included an omelet station. Location was perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us, and taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you come back soon to enjoy our hotel all over again!

Been to HYATT house Charlotte Center City? Share your experiences!