“They gave my room to someone else” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8540 East Independence Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28227 (East Forest)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“They gave my room to someone else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

These people gave away my room to someone else and asked me to stay in neighboring Best Western hotel, which was even worse. I would expect them to have basic processes in place to avoid such embarrassing situations. I would probably not go back to that hotel again after such bad experience

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Krishna R. - Thank you so much for your feedback regarding this incident. I apologize about this inconvenience and understand how frustrating this could have been on your part. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss this matter and hopefully provide some compensation to you regarding your room reservation. We certainly want you to experience our superior customer service. Please contact me directly at 980-245-9200 or by email at wes.santos@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good too. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only stayed one night , so didn't do much else. They suggested a local restaurant which we tried and enjoyed very much. The swimming pool was a bit cold. The exercise room was good though. Altogether, I would go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fishkill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this facility for four days and three nights. We thought it was excellent.
Here's why:
1. It is updated and very clean.
2. The rooms are comfortable, attractive, and bright.
3. The beds and pillows are supportive and soft in the right places.
4. The complimentary breakfast includes REAL scrambled eggs, waffles, a variety of toasts and muffins, biscuits, sausage, hot cereal, etc.
5. The staff is unusually caring, kind, and cordial. Miss Earlene, who oversees the breakfast deserves special commendation because she does an exceptional job.

When we are on a road trip, the welcome feeling of happy people greeting us and the cleanliness and design of a hotel are critical. Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews fits our bill and we plan to return. So should you!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have stayed at many across the country and this one is the best. Great staff, service, and rooms! Better than the majority of much more expensive hotels. Evening reception is a nice touch that many hotels have gone away from.

Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Nice hotel with modern rooms. In room wireless was good. Typical of hotel cable in that the channels bore no resemblance to those listed in the hotel guide. Went for a complimentary coffee from the lobby during the evening and it was cold. Breakfast was indifferent. Very limited choice of cereal and again there was a problem with the coffee as by 7:00AM the pot was empty. Had to find a staff member who then quickly alleviated the problem. However the fresh fuit bowl was empty so I must gave up on this. As I was leaving the breakfast area the staff were discussing the events of the previous evening instead of attending to breakfast.
As a Marriott Gold Elite member this is the very first time that I have experienced this type of service. I often stay at the Fairfield Inn when in the Charlotte area and this was my first time at "Matthews". I will stay at a different Fairfield during my next trip to Charlotte.

Eden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My staff and I were there on business and had a great experience at this hotel. Rooms were very clean. The front desk guys were really helpful and friendly. There was one who especially made our stay great! His name was Cam. Give him a great big PRAISE and Raise! Janet Joyce and the LUMC CDC Staff

Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was having a bad experience at a different hotel by the airport and left there to come to the Fairfield Inn early in the morning. I had a reservation for later that day but front desk clerk allowed me to check in early. Thanks Fairfield

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews? Share your experiences!