“Superior Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8540 East Independence Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28227 (East Forest)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte
“Superior Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am a traveling consultant and spend over 80 nights per year in hotels. I tend to be particular about and expectant of great service as my hotel stays are an extension of my 'home comforts experience.' I have been a guest of Fairfield Inn and Suites in Charlotte/Matthews all of 2013, to date, and have enjoyed what I describe simply as superior customer service.

Early on in my stay at the property, there were a few issues I brought to the attention of the staff and management. The reception and response from everyone was guest-oriented and solutions/resolution focused. They worked continuously to resolve my concerns and have been a model of service excellence.

Particularly Brittany and Jamie, in addition to Morgan and General Manager Wes, have excelled at responsiveness, attention to details care and courtesy. They have helped to make my lenghty/frequent stays enjoyable and inspiring. Many thanks to the staff and management.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Rafa C
Thank you so much for your review of our property. I am extremely delighted to hear that you have continuously received superior customer service. I will ensure to share your kind words with my entire staff. Our goal is to consistently provide great stays and to respond quickly and effectively when any issues do arise. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This property was in a great location. Just around the corner there are several restaurants! There is also a complimentary breakfast, but I did not have a chance to enjoy it due to me sleeping in (on vacation). It also seemed to be a new property (not sure exactly how old it is). The rooms are very spacious (there were 2 adults in a double queen). Also complimentary internet, which is always a plus! I'll be back for sure!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Chastity S,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel! We appreciate the feedback and I will definitely share your kind words with our entire team. We pride ourselves on providing superior customer service and ensuring that we leave you with a memorable stay experience upon checking out. We are glad to hear that you will be back with us soon! Thank you,
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stay in hotels over 60 nights per year. The past four years, predominantly with Choice properties. While traveling with our President I needed to stay at "his" chain, Marriott. I always held JW in highest esteem, but was very disappointed at this property at over $100/night. Great property, but nothing worth $40-60 more than a Choice hotel. Breakfast was well below my Choice standards. No cooked eggs? Breads, cereals, waffles and 'spent' apples... That's it? My expectations were not met.

• Stayed July 2013
Jmcolker,
Thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your recent visit with us. We appreciate you trying our Marriott brand. Like many other hotel companies, Marriott has done a great job providing a portfolio of hotels that each meet a certain market/audience throughout the country. Our hotel is priced based on what our market of hotels are listing and the amenities that we offer on property. We have recently scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon to our breakfast offering as we continue to provide more value to our guests. I would welcome you to try us again the next time you are in the area and can guarantee that you will be pleased. Thank you,
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 20 -30 minutes away from the attraction we were going to see, due to the fact when I looked it up on "Trip Advisor" it was ranked #1 hotel in the Charlotte area. While the hotel was fine with just a couple exception, I don't understand this rating. For what you pay, it is what you would expect-certainly not the best hotel in Charlotte! The staff was friendly, the breakfast bar okay, and the room was clean. Exactly what you would expect for the price (actually we used points)-I would have stayed in a closer property, had this not been over-rated on "Trip Advisor". It was fine-but not the number one hotel in Charlotte!!!

Room Tip: No view of any kind-rooms really were the same.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
lornalynn,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and understand that we are not a direct downtown location. The ranking system is based heavily on staff service and overall satisfaction within a guest stay, which is something I am very proud to say we provide consistently with all of our guests. We are certainly always looking to improve and are currently adding a full breakfast to our buffet. Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations and provide the best service around. We hope to see you again here soon and again, thank you for your feedback.
fiftymilli0n
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am a Gold Elite Rewards customer and I frequent Marriott hotels on a weekly basis. I have stayed at this hotel several times and have been pleased in the past. The service levels have as of recent, diminished from good to bad to just horrible. I have several images that will show plenty.

1. The staff are NEVER at the front desk! You literally have to walk back into the back office to joint someone into helping you. This happened at least 4 times during my 2-day stay. After the final attempt to locate a front desk clerk, I literally had to walk outside and interrupt one at the entrance of the hotel who thought nothing to take a smoke break right at the automated doors. Unbelievably SAD service!

2. Very few of the amenities actually are operational! After walking to the pool area with my family, we were quickly dismayed to find out that the hot tub was out of service. There wasn't a date or time given regarding its return to functionality.

3. Disappointed from the hot tub being out-of-service, my family and I attempted to just go for a swim. This part is very disgusting but I must honestly share with all. There was unimaginably nasty fecal-looking slime floating in the pool and on the side of the pool. I could not totally identify the substance, so I walked to the front desk to ask if the clerk could have someone clean the area. Yep, you guessed it, there was no CLERK AVAILABLE at the front desk. Needless to say, I gathered my family and we immediately checked out and checked into the Residence Inn at Concord Mills.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNTIL YOU VIEW MY PICTURES…YOU CAN FIND BETTER, YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I can assure you that we as a team have reviewed this and have set some procedures in line to ensure that this does not occur again. Our property has been recognized consistently over the last year for our superior customer service scores and rankings and your visit certainly did not show you any of that. Unfortunately our SPA did have some major repairs that we needed and the parts took a little longer than we anticipated. The SPA has since been repaired and is fully functional. We take feedback here very seriously and when we do get a negative stay experience our entire team is notified and put on alert. We use this opportunity to better ourselves and ensure that we stick to our number one goal, to consistently provide superior customer service and ensure that our guests' return. If you would like to speak to me further regarding this matter feel free to contact me at wes.santos@marriott.com or 980-245-9200. Again thank you for your loyalty and we appreciate the feedback.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This 3 year old property looks brand new. Our suite was spacious and had two distinct living areas, partitioned but not completely able to be closed off from others. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The sleeper sofa was a typical sleeper, as I climbed in to greet my 11 yo as he woke: not a horrible bed for a 80 pound kid, but it might be for an adult BUT that is true of most sleeper mattresses.

Every single staff member that we came in contact with, whether alone or in our family of 5, greeted us with a hello and a smile. Every one. Breakfast was typical of Fairfield Inns, as far as selection, but there was always an attendant there filling items or cleaning the area. We were only there overnight, so we didn't use the pool, but this would be a comfortable place for a longer stay.

We were traveling US 77 from Florida to PA and it was about 10 minutes off our route but my husband and I both agreed that it was worth it, even tho we typically prefer to stay right off our route. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Charlotte.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
eskmom,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! We are pleased to hear that you found our facility brand new and well kept. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our place is kept as new as when we first opened our doors! I will pass along your kind words regarding our staff during our next ''team huddle''. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again along your travels! Thank you,
north salem, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We came to Charlotte to visit grandma and needed a hotel close to her new condo and the Fairfield Inn was around the corner. There was no sign on the road so it was very difficult to see. If you stay there look for the Sun Suites sign. The staff was incredibly helpful with all of our requests. The room was nicely appointed and clean. The only problem we had was that there was no hot water at 7am for showers. This is a good choice if you need to stay in the area.

merjoe,
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to hear that our team took great care of you throughout your stay and that your room exceeded expectations. I have certainly spoken to our maintenance team regarding your hot water issue and I can assure you this will not be an issue again. We appreciate the feedback and use it as an opportunity to better ourselves everyday. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you,

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews? Share your experiences!