“One of the best restaurants in Charlotte” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro La Bon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,967 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pecan Ave
Transit: Bus Number 9, 17, 39
Charlotte, North Carolina
“One of the best restaurants in Charlotte”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have always been pleasantly surprised when I eat at Bistro La Bon. The pasta meals are my favorite and the coffee is very good. They have a good wine selection and the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Reasonably priced. I highly recommend it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

East Ridge, Tennessee
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband & I drove to Charlotte to celebrate our Anniversary. I looked up rated restaurants & found Bistro La Bon, The reviews were great & when we arrived they didn't disappoint! The very friendly lady who took our reservations had jotted down that it was our Anniversary & the hosted took time to congratulate us when we got there. They sat us at a beautiful table by the window & Juan was our server. He was THE BEST! He was super friendly, knowledgeable, attentive & never missed a beat. The manager came over to congratulate us again during our meal. The food was one of the best meals I have ever had in a fine dinning restaurant. I had Steak Tartare for an appetizer, followed by the filet & then my husband & I shared the bread pudding. His appetizer was the gnocchi & he also had a salad. I couldn't find a thing wrong with our evening if I tried. As an extra surprise, when we received our bill, they had taken a percentage off for it being our Anniversary. We will DEFINITELY be back when we are in Charlotte again!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Lunch Buffet during the week was below standard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Went during a weekday for the $10 lunch buffet. Shrimp and grits was too salty. The pasta looked dried up. The only items that was fit to eat was the green salad and the meatballs.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wear loose fitting pants for brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Brunch is appropriately labeled a smorgasbord and it delivers. Buffet has a little bit of everything including salad, fruit, meats, grits, pasta, scones, muffins, tarts, bread and various other items. You order eggs, bacon, waffles and French toast from the kitchen. The brioche french toast is some of the best that I have ever eaten. We had Juan as a server and he was very attentive making sure we had everything that we needed. My girlfriends thanked me over and over for bringing them here for brunch.

Visited March 2014
Columbia, Maryland
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

With rave reviews my cousin took me here for dinner while working in Charlotte. The food was absolutely delicious and the portion sizes were perfect. Our server gave us just enough time between plates to talk and catch up. He offered his suggestions, all of which were excellent. The artisan cheese plate with carrot marmalade was wonderful combination of tastes and textures. The the tamarind & sweet chili balsamic served with the crispy avocado and asparagus had just the right amount of heat and sweet. The fried calamari was delicate, perfectly cooked, and not at all greasy. Peppadew and goat cheese was rich and creamy and the cauliflower was perfectly cooked-not too crunchy or soft. Finally, the jumbo lump crab and avocado was a perfect ending. Prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere was pleasant.

• Visited March 2014