“Good Food - Busy Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 1,976 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Firebirds is a collection of polished casual restaurants offering a refined atmosphere, top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. We are known for our authentic, wood-fired entrees infused with bold flavors, fresh herbs & spices. Our restaurants feature a selection of aged steaks hand-cut in the restaurant, fresh seafood, chicken & ribs seared over local hickory, oak or pecan wood.
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Good Food - Busy Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were at this restaurant at 6:00 p.m. on a Tuesday. It was very busy and many of the diners were families with small children. We decided to sit outside to enjoy less noise and the beautiful evening. However, once the ants arrived we decided to move inside! Our food was delicious and served promptly. Not a place for a quiet, relaxed dinner but if you want good food at reasonable prices this is a good place for you.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Very Pleased!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and we were overwhelmed w/the attention and care given first by Britney and then by the staff. The food was excellent, ambiance was intriguing. I'm a waiter myself so I grade sharply and our server didn't disappoint! Will definitely be back..

Richmond, Virginia
“Wonerful Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I ordered the Wood Grilled Salmon, mashed potatoes & pecan Green Beans. It was perfect! I ate at the bar and had first rate service.The 2 lady bartenders were funny and gave me excellent service. It is difficult dining alone and I felt right at home.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Quality eats.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have been to this Firebirds here in Charlotte a few times in the past. Their young, energetic staff greets you as you walk in the door. If your food is to go and you live nearby, you order at the bar. The food is fresh and hot, made by someone who knows how to cook. I have eaten,several times, the grilled chicken sandwich. They have 2 variety's. One comes with bacon, the other does not. They include cheese, lettuce, tomato, an aoli dressing, and you can choose a side, such as home style fries, sweet potato fries, green beans, etc. It does take them a bit to cook the food, but food made fresh is not fast. It is prepared by a real chef. Their food is consistent, and I personally have never had a bad meal there. The other food here, I'm sure, is stellar. They also have salads for the ladies who don't want a heavy meal. Everyone's taste is different, but they are one of the better restaurants in town, away from the parking mess of uptown, and in a nice area of town. This is also a good place to celebrate birthdays.

Swansea, Illinois
“Great appetizers, good food, exceptional service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Wanted steak, searched Tripadvisor and found this gem.

Chicken wings and lobster nachos were the appetizers of choice. Both very good.

Steaks were well prepared, tender, and sized right. Sides were good as well.

The banana cream pis dessert reminded me of a cheese cake, but was tasty.

Lastly we were served by well dressed, attractive ladies from the time we walked the door. Felt very upscale because of this, but the price was reasonable.

Use the free valet parking as spots are limited, and I can imagine on weekends non-existent.

I will go back.