“Great atmosphere Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 1,976 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Firebirds is a collection of polished casual restaurants offering a refined atmosphere, top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. We are known for our authentic, wood-fired entrees infused with bold flavors, fresh herbs & spices. Our restaurants feature a selection of aged steaks hand-cut in the restaurant, fresh seafood, chicken & ribs seared over local hickory, oak or pecan wood.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great atmosphere Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I love this restaurant, have been eating there since it opened 12 years ago. Exceptional food, great atmosphere! Get there early as this place gets crowded and it stays crowded until closing because it is such a great place. Nice bar and outstanding appetizers!

Visited October 2012

mahwah nj
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

they never dissapoint !!!!!!!!!!!!! Order pretty much anything...the salmon and ribs are great...always a good time and money well spent...others would say pricey, I say, there is nothing else around to compare !

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clarkston
“Fantastic steak and shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I started with a BLT salad which was unique and fantastic. My main course was prime rib with shrimp on the side ... also fantastic.

Visited September 2012
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“I don't get it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Though I live in NJ, I visit my family often in Charlotte. One of their favorite restaurants is Firebirds Wood Fired Grill. I cannot understand why. It is always very crowded and noisy, the staff is easily confused by orders, and the prices are quite high. Fortunately my daughter is aware of the little-known fact that you can call ahead even when they are longer taking reservations. The last time we visited, we called ahead an hour before we wanted to enter and were placed on the wait list. By the time we arrived, we were taken immediately though many others had been waiting at the restaurant before us. If I had been one of those loyal patrons, I would have been very upset to see my party just walk right in.

It was so noisy in the restaurant that we had to yell our orders. My daughter asked if it would be possible to have a half wine/half club soda. The waitress said she was sure it would be. Me daughter received a whole glass of wine and a club soda. She was charged $12 or the total for each. I also found the children's menu to be high priced for anything but the ribs which seemed tender and worth the price.

Though two of my party asked for medium-well done steak, it arrived rare, very rare and had to be sent back. The cost of these meals would not have been considered too high except that all salads or veggies are a la carte. I think the quality of food is not even as high as some northern diners. Perhaps my expectations are just too high; however, I will decline another invitation to visit this restaurant in the future.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Great place for a chain - nice environment and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

While I'm not crazy about chain restaurants, this one performs very well. The food is well-prepared and fresh. The service is generally good, although somewhat chain-like (friendly but not so professional service).

Visited August 2012