“Nightmare before my meeting” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Charlotte UNCC
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5111 Equipment Dr, Charlotte, NC 28269   |
Ranked #107 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Asheville, NC
“Nightmare before my meeting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I usually stay @ Red Roof Inn when I travel. I had a very important medical conference to attend and thought I would stay here....Since there is a word limit I will break this down..
>Toilet was broken. Handle and the inside of the tank was missing.
>Mat on bottom of tub coming up with white string glue consuming the entire bath.
>Handle to sink broke off in hand.
>Blood found on floor next to tub.
Changed rooms...
>water bubble ready to break above the bathtub.
>2 Box TV's that did not work.
> Overwhelming smell of cigarettes in the room.
> Mattress had springs poking thru it.
>Knobs in bathroom were missing.
Received refund and paid only 30$ more for the Hilton suite w/whirlpool. I do not have high expectations...and this was WAAAY below what any hotel should have!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! Need to be renovated!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The check in staff was great! He was knowledgeable about the area and next time he saw me asked if the room was ok and if I needed anything extra. The room was nice and it was the perfect location! The price was just right! I would definitely stay at a Red Roof again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We had to get switched from one room to another because the heat & lamp didn't work. The room was very outdated. The new room we were switched to was very updated and more modern in style. All the rooms should be updated, especially if you are paying the same price.

• Stayed February 2013
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I've been to Charlotte, NC several times and the first time there I stayed at this Red Roof Inn. I was very pleased with the check-in staff. They were extremely helpful with answering all questions. With their policy of pets stay for free; that was a big plus. I booked on-line but thought once I got there I would find out otherwise but was shocked that my dogs did stay free. With other places charging anywhere from $10-$20 a night it has saved me a lot of money. Parking was good. Breakfast is typical with bagel, muffins, waffles, milk, and coffee (cereal I think, I go for the waffles). The morning staff was very nice and does quick check-outs. They were helpful with one stay where I needed to extend my stay; it was done quickly and without any issues. Overall I love staying at this hotel and will be back a couple more times in the next few months. I don't even bother looking for other hotels b/c this one meets all my needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Never stayed at a Red roof in before but after trying it the first night of our trip and having such a wonderful experience we deceided to try it for our second night. we made prior reservations and when we got to the inn at night we found that they never had our reservations. we were told no problem we fill still honor the price. I have severe back problems but was made to walk upstairs not only once but twice. needless to say it was late and i was very upset. the front desk man at night didnt really handle himself about the situation very well. Then came Miguel. He turned a bad situation into a great experience. gave me an upgraded room because he saw how upset i was. we stayed for three nights. between Miguel taking care of a situation that was becoming a disaster and the front desk day lady who was so warm and sincere i felt like i was very at home. the room was beautiful and the people wonderful. i will always look for red roof in for my first choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed in Red Roof for two nights. The experience was Excellent. I arrived late in night but there was a very friendly gentleman to check me in. He helped me with my luggage and gave an excellent room with a nice TV. The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed my stay a lot. And I also saw housekeeping staff putting in lot of effort to make sure my room was clean and smelled excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms with Flat screen TVs. They are excellent and quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Goose Creek, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed in a room with two double beds last weekend while in town for Repticon (time to buy some new tarantulas). There were three of us in our party and the stay was very pleasant.
The hotel was convenient, very competitively priced, and comfortable. The room was fairly clean, with only a few noticeable hiccups.
I noticed that the floor behind the bathroom door had not been mopped in some time (looks like the floor was always cleaned with the door open), and the bathroom light could not be turned off (we just left the bathroom door slightly open to provide a nightlight for our young one, so it actually worked out fine).
The breakfast was basic, but delicious and filling.
Overall, a good experience that exceeded our expectations for a simple one-night stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Charlotte UNCC? Share your experiences!