“Another excellent Red Roof Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Charlotte UNCC
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5111 Equipment Dr, Charlotte, NC 28269   |
Ranked #104 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Another excellent Red Roof Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I checked in to this Red Roof Inn on April 12, 2012 and checked out on April 15, 2012. I travel quite a bit, and I always try to stay in Red Roof Inns. I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience at a Red Roof Inn. Another reviewer complained about the lack of ESPN. Not only did I have ESPN, I also had ESPN2, Fox Sports Network, and Turner Sports South; no need to be concerned about a lack of sports networks. Everything in my room worked as it was supposed to; the only problem was that the batteries in the remote died and the front desk promptly replaced them. This property also has a pool and an exercise room, although I didn't use either. The hallways and my room were clean and the front desk personnel were friendly. What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: The Superior King rooms are the best value.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stepped in DOG POOP in the hallway the first morning. Very basic rooms. One working lightbulb out of 6. Air works great, but there is very very thin bedding and therefore you freeze all night even with the heat on. Bathroom was mildly disgusting and the shower spits out water like it's on it's last leg. The towels are so thin you can almost see through them. The alarm clock buttons are all broken. My neighbor said his sink didn't drain and the shower in my room had the same problem. Not one good thing to say about this place. The female front desk person was extremely polite, so I guess there was ONE redeeming quality about it. The hotel staff make you wait around for over an hour when you call for a pickup and acts like you are putting them out for the ride. Neighborhood is AWFUL so unless you don't mind the thugs and mischief outside, just stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Awful Awful Awful.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I was not sure what we were going to walk into with the mixed reviews. The property was neat and lobby area nice and well lit. The desk gentlemen was very nice. Hallways were clean and well as the room bed and few signs of wear and age but clearly nothing to make me want to check out and leave. It was comparable for the amount we paid. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wild Wonderful West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We were looking for a clean, pet-friendly room with a good location to get some rest for the night. We arrived after dark and had a little trouble finding the hotel...I think maybe the big sign outside was not lit. Check-in was a breeze...probably the quickest ever for me! "Andra" at the front desk was very hospitable. Our room was clean and comfortable. Not nearly as "dated" as I had expected by the other reviews. I'm always amazed when people pay 45 bucks for a room and expect the Ritz. You really can't beat this hotel for the price...especially if you're traveling with pets (no pet fees!) My husband went to grab a few things for breakfast the next morning....the basic cont. breakfast but the supply seemed to be a little low. Still very pleased with our stay here and will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very comparable to what you see when a building is outdated, worn out and on its last legs....How do you know? I think when the carpet in your room feels nasty the moment you step out of the shower. You cant clean a room well enough when its just so outdated. The staff was friendly and helpful but the hotel has lost any value unless you can pay $20, to take a shower and leave. For 40.49 per night , spend $60 and leave healthy....or walk in there with a can of Lysol and hope for the best....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
suncity83, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Charlotte UNCC, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
We strive to keep our hotel clean, safe and all our rooms in working order. We are in the process of upgrading all our rooms. Keep in mind we can not please everyone but we do our very best. We have repaired our waffle maker. I hope you would give us a chance to show you true charms.
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

This is most probably the worst hotel we stayed in ever. If you do like us check the hotel reviews and ratings on line before you book a hotel, then do not let the 3.5 rating on Hotels.com fool you, this hotel is no near the 1 star rating. Very old place, needs lots of work, crapy place, not very friendly staff and their breakfast just sucks. My recommendation is not to go there, even if you'd have to spend the night in your car.

Room Tip: Do not go there
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Moncton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The bedroom was clean, a good size and comfortable. However, the bathroom could have used a renovation. The "jacuzzi" tub had parts missing and did not look clean. The rooms are very quiet - the location being right of I85. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We paid less than $40.00 for the room plus taxes including breakfast.... a very good deal. The inn has a pool and a fitness room. The pool smelled very strong of chlorine. I was about to ask for some for compensation because of the bathroom - again, it was functioning (aside from the jacuzzi), but it was in bad shape. But ok for the price. Our room upgrade was to include in-room coffee - we could not locate it, but were too tired to inquire. The breakfast was ok, limited choices, the waffle maker was broken and the waffle came out semi-cooked.

Room Tip: Ask for a king size room, if it accommodates you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Charlotte UNCC? Share your experiences!