“Liked the concept” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne

You added Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne to your Saves list
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13139 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Charlotte, NC 28277 (Ballantyne East)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Canada
“Liked the concept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Was put in this hotel by the company that I was visiting for work. Off the bat, I noticed that location was a bit cut off.

I did like the concept, the wireless was free and fast, the room was retro. Washroom was clean and had some great shampoo.

Loved the pool table in the lobby, and the chill out lounge. The breakfast cafeteria style was great and afforded even those that are on the tightest of schedules a chance to pick something up on the run.

It was the first time in a aloft, and I was sold on the concept.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Kinoby,

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent Aloft stay - we're a great choice for business travelers! Glad you connected with our unique concept and enjoyed our amenities and grab-n-go dining options.

Thanks for taking the time to share these comments, and we hope you'll return to Aloft next time you're in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am all for a hip, green, European experience...but this was just a very strange hotel. The staff at check-in was great. The lobby and bar were lively and the area was full but didn't feel too crowded. Making my way to the room everything was very clean. My room was just strange. It had a new/vintage feel that isn't my style. Bliss spa products but they don't have individual shampoo and I don't like that at all. Since this is a vision of the W I expected funky but it is just odd to me. The bathroom had a long vanity and I love they give you complimentary water but overall for the price, I would not stay here again. To me it felt like a retro-Holiday Inn and should have been about $89/night. Also, the location is not great...you can't get a taxi without waiting about 15-20 mins so if you need to go uptown...this is not the place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear TastyTraveler7,

Thank you for your recent stay at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne. We're happy you enjoyed your check-in experience, and found our hotel to be clean and public areas lively.

At the same time, we're sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your stay. Aloft Hotels aim to offer travelers a unique experience, but we do understand that because people have different preferences, our style may not be for everyone.

We're happy you gave us a try and appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel was clean and the front desk staff were helpful. The free local shuttle service was nice to have available. It might be okay for a night stay for business but if you are traveling with friends for a weekend event it's not the place to stay. The bartender was rude and the common areas were stuffy. There is a window looking into the shower from the room. Strange.

Green Features: Global warming is a farce. I can see why the hotel would want to save on their utility bills to increase profit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Todd Y,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we're sorry to hear you didn't fully enjoy your Aloft Hotels experience. Service is a huge focus for us, so we're disappointed to hear that one of our team members was rude to you. If you could spare a moment, we'd love to hear more details so that we can ensure this issue is corrected. Please contact our General Manager, Rebecca Whitmarsh, directly at 704-247-2301 if you're open to sharing more details with us.

We see feedback as a gift, and sincerely appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. We hope to have the opportunity to discuss this further – thanks again.
upstate ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is my go to hotel whenever I visit Charlotte. I have stayed here many times with the family and just my husband and I. They have never disappointed me once. Every time I've visited it has always been nice and clean and the staff was so friendly. I will be in the area again this weekend for my birthday and guess where I will be staying? Hopefully I have another amazing experience. If not you all will hear about it lol.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi ebokee,

We're so happy you've chosen to make Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne your home-away-from-home when traveling to Charlotte. As you've experienced, we hold a high standard of service and have no intention of changing that, so we look forward to impressing you and your family for years to come!

Thank you for your loyalty, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our company "mothership" is just across the road from the Aloft and although I usually use the Staybridge Suites, I thought I'd give the Aloft a go.

For me, the staff were simply outstanding. They could not do enough for you and exceeded all my expectations. In fairness, most hotels in America have customer service nailed, but the Aloft take it to a new level. I particularly loved engaging with the breakfast chef each morning who'd give me tips about making the perfect egg white omelette. After just two mornings there, he'd even have my omelette waiting for me as I realised I'm a creature of habit that gets up at the same time each morning.

Even thought it was a business trip, I had a lot of fun at the Aloft and will definitely return.

If I have one gripe it's that the pool isn't really a swimming pool and more of a pond! That's the only reason I give this hotel a "very good" and not "excellent" as I'm all about the swimming. Two little breast strokes and I was at the end of the pool. I like to swim when away and that's the only thing that the Staybridge Suites wins on. The gym at the Aloft is excellent, with great air con.

Room Tip: Like any hotel, a higher floor is always ideal.
Green Features: These guys have it nailed and it's a very environmentally friendly hotel. I was really impressed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi LyndsScotland,

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to host you on your recent trip to Ballantyne! We're thrilled to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations...customer service is a top priority for us so this kind of feedback is very rewarding for us to receive.

Thanks again, and we hope you’ll come see us again next time you’re in town!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel is green, very pretty, with a cool and funky lobby that includes a bar, lounge seating and even a small pool table. Staff provides excellent service, rooms are spacious, and cook to order breakfast was good. It is not a "top notch" property, but literally one step below. You will not be sorry you stayed here, as a frequent business traveller, easily one of the better hotels I've stayed in

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hi LoveVacationGuy,

Thanks for the kind words - we're glad to hear you enjoyed your Aloft experience! We love hearing such positive feedback from experienced business travelers like you who are on the road quite a bit - and are happy we were able to make such a positive impression, as it is our goal to exceed expectations for each and every guest.

We hope you'll come see us again next time you're in town - thanks again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Service is terrible.... I checked in carrying a ton of hanging clothes...girl just looked at me as I asked for a cart. Needless to say the cart was available but was nothing more than a grocery cart. There was nowhere to hang any clothes and the girl checking us in could care less. The bartenders are rude and close at 12 pm. I would not recommend this place to anyone and if this is really the number 9 ranked hotel in Charlotte.......wow!

• Stayed June 2013
Hi Nola865,

On behalf of our team please accept our sincerest apologies for the service issues you experienced. We work hard to provide each guest with exceptional service and are sorry we fell short during your stay.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us so that we can ensure this is addressed internally and corrected right away.

Been to Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne? Share your experiences!