“Alift at Aloft” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne

You added Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne to your Saves list
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13139 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Charlotte, NC 28277 (Ballantyne East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #27 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Raleigh
“Alift at Aloft”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

1st off its in a great area. Check in was excellent and courteous, and efficient. Bar is very cool and was hopping with people. Very Trendy. We had a great room with nice veiw of golf course and suroundings. Loved the room, very modern and amenities were great. Bliss body products, up to date magazines in room. NIce bed.
Great Stay will be back soon.
Thanks

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hi ChefW!

Thank you for your fantastic review. Sounds like you had a great time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Alastair Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've now started "searching out" other locations that the Aloft have available, as my wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed every stay. We have stayed at both of the locations in Charlotte, and now in other cities as well. Their decor is stylish and updated, it's their attention to detail which gets me. Better than some of the 5 Star places i've stayed recently (Miami). Their front desk people have remembered me from a few trips and even commented the last time i was in charlotte (daughter was having first grandchild), that we must really enjoy our stay. The rooms are more than sufficient for the single traveller (and even couples). I never have hesitancy in inviting family/friends to meet me in the lobby as it's both nicely appointed and bar is full service. While not having a full fledge restaurant, it does have good short order cook for b'fast etc, but i've never really missed not having a restaurant on property. Great value. I'm heading there this weekend to see my kids and plan on enjoying just as much as last time! Keep up the great work guys!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hi Carl H,

I wanted to thank you for your review of our hotel. The team here really appreciate your kind words about them and the property. I hope your stay was just as good this weekend!
We lok forward to seeing you next time you are in town

Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently stayed here after winning a "night out" from a raffle. The hotel has a "hip" feel to it, but not to the point where you feel out of place. The full service bar was a surprise! It felt more like a big hotel bar than a corporate hotel bar...very cool indeed. Our room was clean, quiet (top floor) and the appointments were perfect. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hi there Van76

I wanted to thank you for your review
We hope to see you back again for another a-list stay in the near future

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Hotel is stylish with a very nice bar with live music once a week. Rooms are also very nice and convenient. The interiour is modern with a bit retro. Room service is very good, so is the service at the front desk. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
The hotel does not have a restaurent - however I did not miss it. Snacks and drinks are available. Hotel offers breakfast but not in the usual way. They have a small kitchen where breakfast can be ordered, there is a coffee machine and a fridge with e.g. fruits and joghurt as well as some pastries. All arranged around one big table. Just perfect for a quick breakfast before you head out to work.

• Stayed November 2012
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Hi there BriBrae

Thanks for your great review of the Aloft Ballantyne!
Glad that you had an a-list stay and appreciated our style and firendly staff.
We have live music twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-10pm, so next time stay for both :)

Thanks again and Live Life Aloft!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Night and day between this and the extended stay dive that I was forced to use because all of the hotels in Ballantyne were full.

I liked the layout of the room, while not large, it was very functional, ergonomic and well thought out. It smelled very nice and everything appeared fresh, new and clean. Comfortable bed.

The hotel touts energy efficiency, but the A/C has no motion detection and you're given two key cards at check in, so most people would leave one in the activation socket (that powers the room) and leave everything on. I think the thermostat might misstate the temp (first time I've ever been warm at 71F) The A/C is a little noisy and I'm glad I didn't need it running while I slept.

Noise was acceptable, (which I'm sensitive to) even with my room being at the front, just above the canopy. Some sound leaked in from the corridor and seemed to bounce of the front wall over the separator, but there's little the hotel can do to control inconsiderate people that use their outdoor voice to say goodnight in the corridor past 11pm.

I would definitely stay again, although I'll be checking out another hotel during my extended assignment, (if it's much worse, I'll try to return here) I think this one will really take some beating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hi there NCLimey

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our Aloft in Ballantyne. I am glad that we met your expectations and we would love you to come and back and stay with us. We do have a couple of slightly larger rooms and can provide a microwave if you are looking for an extended stay. Our rooms do actually have motion detection and infared detection for the a/c units but they are on time delay and activate after someone has left the room for over an hour. They then activate when you return to set the room back to your desired temperature. The key card only works for the main lighting in the room so it doesnt affect your a/c. Please contact me at ajones@aloftcharlotteballantyne.com and I will be glad to see what I can do for you in regards to an extended stay rate or help find you the right hotel for your needs

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Where do I begin? I booked this online hoping it was as nice as the website. It far exceeded the website! This place is in tip top shape! It is the cleanest hotel my husband and I have ever stayed in. We were greeted with a very friendly staff and departed with a friendly staff. Everyone was more than helpful. We arrived in our room and found free bottled water which is rare to find. They have a scent throughout the hotel that is so refreshing. Not sure of the scent but it was wonderful. The breakfest is made to order and it was very fresh and hot. I noticed that the rating from the state inspection in the food area was 100.5! It was such a relaxing stay for us. I just wish that we werent so busy that we could have enjoyed this stay more. The design of the hotel is so original. It is in a wonderful area as well. I would recommend anyone to stay here. More hotels need to put the guests first as the Aloft does. Thank you so much to all the staff. You do a great job. A++

Room Tip: I sure there isnt a bad room in this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hi FamilyFun03_12

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our property.
We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully you will come back and visit us again soon!

West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Was very surprised at this hotel, looks like something you would find in NY city or any other big city but it is situated in the outskirts of Charlotte. The whole Ballantyne area is a well planned community with many stores and restaurants within a couple of miles. Was perfect for visiting friends in the area. Only draw back has no restaurant, however they will have snacks prepared by the bartender at w xyz bar and have a re:fuel center with mix 'n match meals at any time. The Ballantyne Resort has a spa and golf course which is walking distance. Our room overlooked the golf course greens. The beds were amazing and the walk-in shower made you feel like home. Truly a highlight of our trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hi luv2trvl4life (great handle btw)

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and found a bit of the city in the suburbs :)
For future reference we do have a shuttle that will take you to anyone of 80 plus restaurants within 2 miles and pick you right back up at your convenience.

We hope to see you again next time you travel to Charlotte!

Alastair Jones

Been to Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne? Share your experiences!