“Aloft alot of noise” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne

You added Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne to your Saves list
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13139 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Charlotte, NC 28277 (Ballantyne East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #27 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Florida, United States
“Aloft alot of noise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Noisy room. The Hotel runs a bar, and the guests drift onto the outdoor patio in the evening. The talking/laughing was very annoying, could here it over my TV. I was on the 3rd floor with windows shut but it sounded like the patrons below were in my room. The walls must be paper thin. I told my colleague about it, and he said it was noisy every time he stayed, and that the rooms were not insulated well for sound. Noise lasted past 11:30pm at night. I attempted to turn the room's fan on to drown out the noise, but the fan wouldn't come on without the A/C. So I ended up turning the A/C down to 68 degrees F. so the fan would come on and drown out most of the noise. It's ironic, because this is supposed to be a "green" hotel to save electricity, but I probably burned more electricity in this hotel than any hotel I've ever stayed in.
Everything else was fine, but the noise spoiled the stay for me. I would not recommend this hotel unless you're a party-person who likes to hang out at the bar and make a lot of noise. If so, you should fit in well here. Otherwise, I would recommend another hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool/courtyard side of the hotel. Rooms facing the road may not have a great view...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Hello zDirk

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I wanted to apologize that your stay was not up to our usual standards and for the noise you encountered coming from the patio downstairs. The hotel is actually built of concrete and well insulated The noise actually comes through the a/c unit that has to vent from the outside which I cannot unfortunately fix. If you should ever choose to stay with us again, over three quarters of our hotel rooms are located away from the patio and I can assure you of a much quieter stay. This goes out to anyone staying with us. If you do have a noise issue at our hotel, please contact the front desk, we can ask guests to move inside for instance and we can also move rooms to alleviate the situation (we want you to have the best stay possible, but sometimes you need to bring things to our attention to solve an issue like noise). I hope this one below par experience will not stop you from giving us another try in the future

Regards

Alastair Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Cherry Hill, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed one night on our way to Florida. the staff is very friendly and the rooms are well kept. There is plenty of free parking and the hotel is located near many restaurants. The beds are fantastic, best we slept in during our trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Hello CrazyCookClan!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our property. We appreciate your great feedback, especially about the friendly staff and the beds that gave you a good nights sleep!
Hopefully you will stay with us again on your way back from the sunshine state!

Santa Barbara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at Aloft for just two nights and it was terrific! My husband and I are used to more traditional hotels versus this modern/hip property, and we were very satisfied by the experience.
The beds are super comfortable, the shower deluxe, and the staff in all areas were excellent.
There are not a lot of drawers but plenty of space to hang clothes. This hotel is great for business but it served us well for our family gathering. We enjoyed sitting in the lobby bar together after dinner, and one night they had a singer with guitar. The pool was great for those with kids.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Well hello there CBESantaBarbara

Thank you for you review of the Aloft Ballantyne. I am very happy that you enjoyed the ambience and the amenities we have at the property. Thanks for choosing us when you have a lot of choices in the area!

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was a very unique experience for us. The hotel was unlike any other in which we have stayed - very modern, very up-to-date, but most of all EXCELLENT employees. They cared about their guests. This hotel is seemed to be more for couples that do not have small children. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms provide a great view.
Hi Janice G!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I really appreciate your comments about the talent that work here; they work hard and appreciate being recognised by our guests.
Hope to see you on an another trip down south soon!

Alastair jones
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our family spent 3 nights at this aloft and found this hotel to have everything we needed! Very clean, modern,and a staff that was extremely accommodating in everyday. We would recommend it for family or business trips. Location is terrific. Great restaurants nearby and easy access to everything in Charlotte.

Hi there Karen D

Just wanted to thank you for your very positive review of our Aloft and talent!
We hope that you come back and visit again soon.

Metropolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked our stay here online and were simply passing through from Florida to go to my brother's wedding in Ohio. This was the only pet friendly hotel in the area that I saw so that was the deciding factor. I thought, "I can tolerate any place just one night."

Well, my husband was a little miffed thinking we were going to be going way off the interstate to find this place. We didn't. He thought it was going to be in a rough part of town. It wasn't. We both thought it would be sub par being pet friendly and had no idea what condition the place would actually be in.

WHAT A SURPRISE! When we pulled up to the check in drive, I was SURE the internet information was wrong. There was NO WAY this place took pets! It was sparkly clean inside and out and gave you a nice upscale feeling upon entry. There were people checking in ahead of us so the few minutes I waited in line I worried we'd have to find another place this late in the day.

Upon my turn, I approached the staff and said, "I think there's been some kind of mix up. The internet said you were pet friendly." Both the lady and the gentleman chirped at the same time, "we are!" I was very surprised and relieved! The staff not only assured us our dog was welcome, but also gave us a very nice, large room with a FREE doggy goody bag containing treats and tennis balls for her enjoyment. They also brought us a doggy bed and doggy dishes with mat for our convenience!

Every time I passed through the lobby they addressed me by name and had only heard it upon check in. They were so very friendly, helpful and cheerful I cannot remember staying at a more hospitable hotel.

The room was modern, eclectic and very earth conscious. There were recycle bins in the room as well as a light control that only operates when your room key is in the slot. When removed, you have a few minutes before the lights automatically shut off. The beds were comfortable and the entire, albeit brief, stay was such a delight that I will absolutely stay here the next time I'm on a road trip through Charlotte!

Whoever is at the top of this location is doing everything right and it shows all the way down the chain of command. Great place and I'd recommend this to EVERYONE!

Room Tip: Did not use room service or the spa so I did not rate them.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Well hello there Susan!

Firstly thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it!
I am so happy that you, your husband and you furry family memeber had a memorable stay and that we managed to exceed your expectations, with our service, our sustainable practices and funkiness! Thank you for the recommendation, we would love to have you back another time when you are in the area so you can stay a little longer and enjoy all that the Ballantyne area and Charlotte has to offer!

Yarmouth, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family and I just stayed for three nights at the hotel. The staff was exceleent. From the front desk to the maids, everyone was excellent to deal with. We booked two rooms for my wife and five year old and they were able to accomadate every request we had on a short notice. I would recommend this hotel to everyone in fact we are planning our next trip to include the Aloft brand. We usually stay in higher end hotels so with the Aloft hotels you get high end care with very good prices. Thanks for a great trip Aloft!

Room Tip: Great indoor pool-do not forget your swim trunks. Great bar scene. Great gym to work out.
Hi TravelGuy401!

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We really appreicate your kind words about our hospitality and that we were able to match up to the higher end properties you normally frequent. We hope to see you again on another trip. Until then live life Aloft!

Alastair Jones

Been to Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne? Share your experiences!