“Had a nice night at BLT Steak .” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BLT Steak Charlotte

BLT Steak Charlotte
110 N College St, Charlotte, NC 28202 (First Ward)
(704) 972-4380
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak Charlotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 1,975 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: First Ward
Cross street: East Trade
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Had a nice night at BLT Steak .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last weekend was "restaurant week" , Top notch places in town offer 3 course meals at affordable prices . Yes , the portions aren't the same and the offerings aren't the chefs specialty , but it is a great opportunity to see several great restaurants in a weekend .

My wife and I choose BLT Steak . BLT Steak is inside the Ritz-Carlton . We started with drinks . Something about a nice single malt to ensure things will go smooth .

My Wife had the Hanger steak and I had the NC Trout. The meal started with popovers with butter and salt . The Popovers are a nice touch , controlling the flow of salt will focus your attention :) . The Wifes steak was cooked to perfection . If all steaks are given the same care I can see a filet or a strip tasting out of this world . The Trout was cooked to specs but seemed like it could use more spice . When I return I will stick to steak . The chocolate lava cake was nice . The pear/caramel pastry needed a little more pear .

Service was prompt and congenial . We will definitely return , and suggest my friends do the same .

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food, pretty good service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just visited the other night for Restaurant Week. Really the only way we'd be able to visit. I got the sweet potato soup app and it was great. My husband got the steak & I got the NC Trout for our main course. Both were fantastic. I got the profiteroles, he got the mocha cake, and both were awesome. Between courses it seemed like very long periods that the waiter disappeared. At the end of the meal, it took awhile for him to come back. We had to ask for the checks, which he did bring promptly. He came back after a bit to take the checks and put them on the counter behind us. After about 20 minutes, we finally caught him again and asked for our checks to sign. He apologized and returned promptly with them. Our reservation was at 8, which we arrived exactly on time. It took 30 minutes to be seated, and we didn't leave until 2.5 hours later.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Food, atmosphere, service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The bone-in ribeye was the best steak I ever had in my life, the service was outstanding, and the atmosphere is posh. Will return the first chance I get.

Visited January 2013
“Go for the steak; it's impressive!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have to preface this by saying we ate at the bar (by choice), where you do have access to the full menu. Service was wonderful! We had our Raider gear on and got some friendly banter from the hostess when we walked in. And the bartender (and thus our server for dinner) was super friendly and attentive. As for the food, they start you off with a freshly made cheese popover that was super yummy! And they give you the recipe to take home. Very cool. Then we went on to dinner, I the filet, my boyfriend his ribeye. Perfectly marvelous steaks! Well prepared and high quality. Sides were a bit hit or miss for us. The brussel sprouts and bacon were quite tasty. I enjoyed the BBQ corn, but my boyfriend didn't; and neither of us much enjoyed the jalepeno mashed potatoes. But the steaks...yum!! Go for the popover and the steaks! Totally worth it. :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NC
“Wow. Bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were excited to try this restaurant when it came. We wanted it to be terrific. We tried it 3 or 4 times and it just is simply not that good. The atmosphere is like a coffee shop and the food and service were just fair. I will say the popovers were really good. Doubt we'll try it again. It is very expensive so it needs to be good everytime.

Visited January 2012