“Go for the steak; it's impressive!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BLT Steak Charlotte

BLT Steak Charlotte
110 N. College St, Charlotte, NC 28202 (First Ward)
(704) 972-4380
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak Charlotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 1,939 restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: First Ward
Cross street: East Trade
“Go for the steak; it's impressive!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have to preface this by saying we ate at the bar (by choice), where you do have access to the full menu. Service was wonderful! We had our Raider gear on and got some friendly banter from the hostess when we walked in. And the bartender (and thus our server for dinner) was super friendly and attentive. As for the food, they start you off with a freshly made cheese popover that was super yummy! And they give you the recipe to take home. Very cool. Then we went on to dinner, I the filet, my boyfriend his ribeye. Perfectly marvelous steaks! Well prepared and high quality. Sides were a bit hit or miss for us. The brussel sprouts and bacon were quite tasty. I enjoyed the BBQ corn, but my boyfriend didn't; and neither of us much enjoyed the jalepeno mashed potatoes. But the steaks...yum!! Go for the popover and the steaks! Totally worth it. :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
NC
“Wow. Bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were excited to try this restaurant when it came. We wanted it to be terrific. We tried it 3 or 4 times and it just is simply not that good. The atmosphere is like a coffee shop and the food and service were just fair. I will say the popovers were really good. Doubt we'll try it again. It is very expensive so it needs to be good everytime.

Visited January 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great eats at the Ritz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We spent the night at the Ritz and tried out BLT, the restaurant attached to the hotel. We weren't super hungry so we didn't go hog wild --- no appetizers, wine, or dessert --- just a meal.

The service was excellent - fast and attentive to our needs. The popovers they brought out (bread for the table before the meal) were different in a good way. We both enjoyed them.

I enjoyed my hamburger (a little too 'rare' for 'medium rare' in my book) and the fries were awesome, whatever they did special to prepare them.

My wife loved her filet, which they sear to make it almost crusty on the ourside. We had heard rave reviews about the jalapeno mashed potatoes, and we agreed --- very good.

Visited November 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food. Friendly service. Somewhat Casual. Not the best Ritz.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Reviews of this Ritz are less glowing than Ritz's in comparable cities. Charlotte NEEDS more upscale hotels and this is a nice Ritz overall. Great location downtown and near arena for events. Lobby is classic with some modern updates. Restaurant has nice casual bar area and a fairly casual dining room. Menu was very good--steaks, seafood and other variety. Bartender was fast and friendly. The food was very good, service was friendly and setting was very comfortable. Good for business or couples. Nothing was "wow" impressive, but our entrees were well prepared. The entree was a bit slow, however, as we asked them to hurry a bit and did not. Our caesar salad was tasty, but heavy on anchovy flavor dressing (usually the ask before dousing in anchovies.) For steak, I find Fleming's in Charlotte to be superior and for a clubby, lively ambiance, I find The Capital Grill a better choice. But, the Ritz is nice... solidly four stars, but I expect a bit more from a Ritz.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh
“Great Steaks! Amazing Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Enjoyed a great dinner with work colleagues last Thursday night. The service was great, the steak was perfect and the dinner bread was the best I've ever had. This place came highly recommended from one of my colleagues and I'm glad we tried it out!

• Visited September 2012