“Great outdoor seating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vivace Italian Trattoria

Vivace Italian Trattoria
1100 Metropolitan Ave, Building E, Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28204 (Dilworth)
(919) 696-4820
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vivace Italian Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #245 of 1,966 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Cross street: South Kings Drive
Description: One of Charlotte's finest restaurants featuring the area's most authentic Italian cuisine and the best patio dining located in the easy to get to Metropolitan development at Midtown.
“Great outdoor seating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

the food is pretty good, but the attraction here is the outdoor seating. You have a great view of downtown Charlotte and you're sitting right on the greenway. I had a salad and pizza and they were both fine, but not excellent.

Visited November 2013

Woolwine, Virginia
“Better writers than cooks!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Maybe it is just me but I really resent when the menu is so well written that your taste buds literally are jumping around in your mouth....then the food appears and your taste buds ask...what happened? That pretty much sums up the experience at Vivace. I ordered the mussels and to say these were not musscular would be an understatement. They had to be some of the smallest mussels I have ever seen served in an upscale restaurant. OK they did try to compensate with the number they served....but really a bunch of small mussels is like popcorn shrimp where is the flavor...maybe these were shrimp mussels?
My entree was 4 smallish scallops with 2 or 3 root vegetables in a guinicale puree (I guess). The menu write-up mentioned guinicale (hog jowl) but I did not see it on my plate so it must have been pureed and served over the 2 or 3 pieces of root vegetables as a sauce? I mean I thought I was going to get a real piece of crisp jowl which would have been good with the 4 smallish scallops. But the puree of guinicale over the 2-3 pieces of root vegetables did not really pair well with the scallops....what was I thinking?
I have been here for lunch and never thought it was particularly good but never wrote a review until now when I was able to try their evening service....it isn't particularly good either! They are consistent at least!
The service was so-so and the ambiance is very nice.
I once went to a Cracker Barrel and the menu sounded like the food my grandmother used to cook before we all were scared off of fat and grease. I was salivating awaiting the meal's arrival...but alas it was not my grandmother's food...and Vivace is not good Italian!
Guess I am back to Dressler's for my evening meals when at the Metro!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Ideal for a large group with a great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were a party of 18 and had pre-selected a menu for our group. They put us up on the second floor which was an exclusive area for our party. This was great as the open balcony was great for a group of our size and the view was great.
The servers were great and very attentive. The food was delicious, a lovely salad (seasonal) and the spagetti meatballs went down very well with a couple of glasses of white and red wine.
I'm sure that all of those in the party enjoyed the evening and it made a great start to our week in Charlotte.
I'd recommend this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great views and a hot spot at night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great food and awesome view of the Charlotte skyline. Eat along the greenway or on the upper terrace.

Visited August 2013
“Always a treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Vivace is a local favorite for us. The views of Uptown Charlotte from the upstairs lounge are great and the food and drinks never disappoint either.

Visited September 2013